Fast Foods

vivablue5215

Which fast food restaurants do you STILL like?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which fast food restaurants do you hate?

• McDonalds
    • KFC
    • Taco Bell
    • Burger King
    • Harvey's
    • Mr. Sub
    • Wendy's (who actually bought Tim Hortons...)
  2. 2. Which fast food restaurants did you used to like but now hate?

• McDonalds
    • KFC
    • Taco Bell
    • Burger King
    • Harvey's
    • Mr. Sub
    • Wendy's (who actually bought Tim Hortons...)

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully no one has any gross stories from this place (hopefully not, they are pretty new) but I love the food, not horribly priced either. Bourbon Street Grill in the Markville Mall. It's like $6 for a 3 course meal (meat and two sides). I tend to get their food when I have a break in the afternoon on the locals.

I don't go to the same fast-food restaurant every day, but McDonalds and KFC are my best places to eat fast foods. Sometimes I go to Mrs. Vanelli's or Manchu Wok cuz I like the variety of fast foods.

I had from both today, LOL. I had McDonalds for lunch and KFC for dinner.

Hopefully no one has any gross stories from this place (hopefully not, they are pretty new) but I love the food, not horribly priced either. Bourbon Street Grill in the Markville Mall. It's like $6 for a 3 course meal (meat and two sides). I tend to get their food when I have a break in the afternoon on the locals.

That's a good place to eat.

hey wheres teriyaki, made in japan?

Bah, don't like that place.

This is not really fast food, but there's a excellent Japanese noodle place at the west side of Yonge at Moore Park (south of Centerpoint Mall) called Kenzo Japanese Noodle. However...

a) It is very expensive (Tacoyakis cost $6 or $7.99)

:angry: Long waits for your meal (but it's for quality)

...besides those points, for those people who want to find a place to eat ramen, I recommend this place for you. Share it with your friends as well.

If anyone wants good tasting fast-food, come down to Windsor. Every place is good(tasting that is), and they're EVERYWHERE. Honestly I think Windsor has the record in Canada for having the most restaurants(and maybe gas stations) per capita. For great restaurants, go to Erie street and pick any one, they're all like....6 star :angry: In fact, all of our restaurants are really good, and it's not hard to find one. You can't drive a couple blocks without hitting one.(on another note) My caf food is sooooo bad. They deep fry everything, even the chicken in the CHICKEN WRAPS! I'd say that 80% of all the stuff in my caf is deep fried, but it all tastes good. Makes me wonder why A LOT of students in my school are obese, or even in Windsor.

Bah, don't like that place.

This is not really fast food, but there's a excellent Japanese noodle place at the west side of Yonge at Moore Park (south of Centerpoint Mall) called Kenzo Japanese Noodle. However...

a) It is very expensive (Tacoyakis cost $6 or $7.99)

:) Long waits for your meal (but it's for quality)

...besides those points, for those people who want to find a place to eat ramen, I recommend this place for you. Share it with your friends as well.

hmmmm...japanese food, korean food, chinese food i love them all :P , the best place for japanese food is at bayview and 16th

Funny how almost every forum--no matter what subject it's about--someone starts a fast food thread.

Hmmm...are we to assume there's more than meets the eye (or stomach) here?

Maybe someone ought to start a weight-watcher's thread as well. ;-)

The cafeteria at Ross Shep was pretty good in my day. The fries and gravy and the soft serve ice cream were the best in the world. This was before the malls had food courts. Westmount Mall had a Dairy King, a German Delicatessan and The Chinese Kitchen Restaurant. Woodward's had a decent cafeteria. :) Many fond memories.

Cheers goes for the Ross Shep caf, still the best with: curly fry poutine, pizza and pasta with daily meal specials and such.

Westmount mall still doesn't really have anything except Nikki's.

I cant say the same for the JP caf... it sucks. :)

I used to like McDonalds, Burger King and Harvey's a long time ago, but nowadays, I seldomly eat fast food (in this case Taco Bell). I'm trying to watch my weight thesedays and I'm moving towards healthy choices.

Durham College and UOIT has lots of food choices. There's Pita Pit, Tim Hortons and many other food choices. My favourite one at my college is the Market Grille. They really have good vegeatable stir-fries (with noodles or rice along with chicken, beef or shrimp). I didn't mention that they also serve Starbucks Coffee too (except that they do not have the full-featured starbucks menu)!!!!

• 2 years later...
MMM... Double-Double burger with Animal-style fries!

No offense but dude, is that a tray or a dishpan :P Its hard to tell in the picture.

I would like to try In-N-Out sometime.

Now fast food I like: Heids* Checkers, Wendys, A&W (the one in Faribault is great anyways), Quiznos, Culvers, Popeyes, Hardees, The great Steak and Potato Company, Steak-n-Shake*, Captain D's and Charleys.

*Okay, maybe not really fast food.

Good thing I don't eat fast food a lot.

Fast foods I don't like are Taco Bell and McDonalds.

Sorry for resurrecting an older thread...

I just wanted to say that IN-N-OUT is EXCELLENT!

{image}

Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco

{image}

Quoted for absolute truth.

However, I've never had the animal-style fries before. A bit too messy to eat in the car. (But then again, most of In-N-Out's food is a bit messy, so I try to eat it in the restaurant whenever possible.)

For aviation fans, the best In-N-Out to eat at is the one on Sepulveda Boulevard at the northeastern corner of LAX airport in Los Angeles. The restaurant is located right under the landing path for LAX's northern runways and the planes fly roughly 50 to 100 feet above the restaurant.

edit: Here's my obligatory photo of the food.

doubledouble.jpg

I just wanted to say that IN-N-OUT is EXCELLENT!

InNOut_IMG_2888.jpg

Wow! I haven't seen fast food look that good in quite a long time!

I'd be willing to bet they would make a Homer style "Double-Double-Double-Double" burger :P

When Im hungry my restaurant of choice is Subway, I love their $5 footlong deal, and I always tell them to fill it with veggies so it wont even close! (Sometimes people get mad about it, give me dirty looks, or say they have to charge me extra because they aren't making any profit. :))

I don't really enjoy any of the standard fare restaurants listed in the poll. McDonalds is the only one of them I can tolerate since the stuff on the value menu is pretty easy on the wallet. Doesn't really fill me up or taste exceptionally good though. If I actually want to enjoy my food, I go to a local pizza or shawarma place. God I love the shawarma's/chicken and rice at Saffin Grill in downtown Hamilton. The chicken and rice plate will fill you right up for $8.

When I go to the US though, I try to eat at new places. Have only been to Fuddrucker's so far, and it was pretty mediocre at best. I'm guessing its just standard truck stop fare. Still would like to get to a Checker's, Carl's Jr., or Sonic. Maybe White Castle for nostalgia. All these things, possibly greasy and horrible, that my Canadian stomach is missing out on.

Oh also: Lick's for bugers. Freaking awesome. Those in the Greater Toronto Area should know of Lick's. Used to go to the one on Eglinton near Yonge all the time. Too bad the only one in Hamilton is in the middle of suburbia.