Quick Coach Lines/Quick Shuttle

canuck600

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I had a two charters with Quick last week, as part of a school function. The LeMirage XL we got on the way back was dripping water from the windows, wonder if it was a seal leak or just condensation, it was raining pretty hard last Friday. We rented a MCI 102-D3 twice, a H3-41 and a LeMirage XL.

I had a two charters with Quick last week, as part of a school function. The LeMirage XL we got on the way back was dripping water from the windows, wonder if it was a seal leak or just condensation, it was raining pretty hard last Friday. We rented a MCI 102-D3 twice, a H3-41 and a LeMirage XL.

Nice! Did you get some recordings and photos of those coaches?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Apparently Quick 1586 has a new owner. I took these two EARLY morning shots of her parked by the old Revelstoke Bus Depot, minus all her Quick decals on Saturday morning. I had to walk right up and almost had to feel for the unit number. While walking around I noticed that she had no license plates but rather a transportation permit pasted on the inside of the windshield.

DSCF0511.JPG

DSCF0512.JPG

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

1710 is fresh from paint and entering service.

New "paint scheme" of basic white with same decal package as before but with burgundy outlines to make the yellow logo more noticeable on a white body.

The burgundy body is being phased out as trying to keep inventory of burgundy coloured body panels was difficult. White panels in inventory for both CBL and Quick fleets much easier to control.

Sad end to one of the nicest liveries out there but understandable from a cost point of view. Also very sad to see a brand that was almost 30 years in the making being fiddled with only 6 months after the last remaining founder of Quick retires. Burgundy & Yellow bus very much a part of the Quick image.

1710 is fresh from paint and entering service.

New "paint scheme" of basic white with same decal package as before but with burgundy outlines to make the yellow logo more noticeable on a white body.

The burgundy body is being phased out as trying to keep inventory of burgundy coloured body panels was difficult. White panels in inventory for both CBL and Quick fleets much easier to control.

when can we see pics?

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! Much cleaner looking! i dig the update! Thanks for the pics! When do the other units follow suite for the change?

Probably only if/when a signifigant amount of body damage has happened that the thought of a complete paint and decal job may be entertained. $25k+. Thats a lot of bums in seats to pay for that.....

uote name="canuck600" post="648370" timestamp="1400702694"]Sorry don't like it, honestly how much extra would some burgundy body panels cost? Again sad that they are already messing with a image that was nearly 30 years in the making.

Thousands and thousands upon tens of thousands. Every one of Quick's fleet sees the paint/bodY shop at least once a year due to "incidents"; white hides so much "lighter" battle scars. White paint itself is cheaper. And, dont forget: the complete burgandy paint AND Prevost coaches were introduced after the current owners were already shared partners for more than a decade. The current owners had just as much influence in the "image" as the retired owner.

With Bolt, 'Hound and Amtrak have competitive scheduling and overall less ridership, some changes have to happen to remain in business.

They should have left some burgundy on it like a stripe of something...kinda like CBL green just as burgundy..Quick's burgundy made them stand out from the rest!! Im surprised their has not been some consolidation on that run yet with Bolt in the picture...

• 4 weeks later...