Articulated

TTC GM Fishbowl Retirements Watch

Yup, 2281, 2286, 2290, 2444, 2855 were all on the 52 main branch this morning. They're all be out until 7pm most likely as all are running for midday. Not surprisingly 6 Bay was completely void of GM's.

Great to hear. I guess the big question will be whether they'll be out on Monday morning.

Great to hear. I guess the big question will be whether they'll be out on Monday morning.

No one except me (so it seemed) was getting pics of the GM's this morning. The media wasn't out either, so it's hard to say. I'm surprised no one even really knows if today is the last day or not. It just felt like another beautiful day around GM's. Nothing out of the ordinary. Well, lets keep our fingers crossed for Monday.

Also, got some pics just in case. Certainly could have done better, oh well.

IMG_0458_.jpg

IMG_0460_.jpg

IMG_0463_.jpg

IMG_0468_.jpg

IMG_0471_.jpg

IMG_0475_.jpg

2316 and 2345 didn't make it. :-(

So it's a done deal. 2281, 2286, 2290, 2444 and 2855 are the final five. Unless there is a major turn of events today is indeed the last day for revenue service for these historic buses. I'd update my sig if I was at home.

This sucks! That likely means that no buses will be preserved. Well, I'll have to get my final rides in this afternoon. I'll miss you GM's! You're an amazing piece of Toronto history that will never be forgotten!

This sucks! That likely means that no buses will be preserved. Well, I'll have to get my final rides in this afternoon. I'll miss you GM's! You're an amazing piece of Toronto history that will never be forgotten!

The informal word from a garage superintendent is that none will be retained.

No one? Hey there was a photo line at Lawrence West when I was out there this morning! Here's my haul.

- Ron

i was there this morning and see another fellow taking pictures as well.................don't worry there will be more transit fans heading out probably now~~

The informal word from a garage superintendent is that none will be retained.

I know I probably shouldn't be surprised, but this still came as a bit of a shock. It really sucks, and due to luck not being on my side for the better part of this year (again, why am I suprised?) I wasn't able to go out and get my final rides and pictures. :(

No one? Hey there was a photo line at Lawrence West when I was out there this morning! Here's my haul.

- Ron

I said I didn't see anyone. I was at Lawrence West this morning twice between 8-10. Same with Lawrence station.

I Hope everyone gets some good pics this evening.

2281 will be last GM in revenue service in Toronto ever. It's just started it's trip eastbound from Martin Grove to Lawrence station. The driver told me he'll be taking the bus out on 320 Yonge later tonight.

2281 will be last GM in revenue service in Toronto ever. It's just started it's trip eastbound from Martin Grove to Lawrence station. The driver told me he'll be taking the bus out on 320 Yonge later tonight.

Dammit!!!! Another historically significant vehicle which I don't have a decent picture of! :(

I have a rather pitiful rear shot of it at Lawrence West taken in July 2009, but that's it. It's better than nothing, I suppose.

So, the day has come. The Fishbowl is in its swansong.

It's the end of an era. What an amazing career it had.

Kudos, and farewell.

So, the day has come. The Fishbowl is in its swansong.

It's the end of an era. What an amazing career it had.

Kudos, and farewell.

I'm glad I got to get out today and ride all 5 fishbowls that were on the 52. It would have been perfect had 2316 and 2345 made it out for the last day as well.

It's nearly over. :( The GM's were the TTC's best buses ever, and were an outstanding icon. They caught attention with their stunning looks and roaring engine. Each bus worked hard and survived through an amazing 30 years, and through the generations of New Looks they racked up 52 years of service. Something never seen anywhere in any transit system. The day has come though that they will never be seen hitting the streets again, and they will be intensely missed.

Farewell TTC GM New Look/Fishbowl buses, may you R.I.P.