TTC GM Fishbowl Retirements Watch

TTC didn't release bus GPS data prior to April 2011, so it wouldn't have existed.

Oh. You learn something new every day. B)

Regardless, the five fishbowls in service on 52 I spotted were via TransSee. Some buses are missing in that data so it's not completely reliable.

True enough, I find that most bus tracker apps are that way. I find it generally is reliable, however.

lol beat me to it.

It's not even in Canadian waters lol. Anyway, getting off topic here, it does suck to hear that 2326 is done for. I remember when that bus first arrived at Mount Dennis, but the engine was making all sorts of weird sounds. It was also unusually slow. It had the speed as some of the D40s Queensway formerly operated. But comparing it to a D40 in my opinion in terms of speed is kinda low of me.

2281, 2286, 2290, 2444 and 2855 seem to be running right now. Hopefully not for long.

That was uncalled for and frankly quite unnecessary. And to all the rest of the GM haters on this board, kindly keep your negative comments to yourself. You'll have plenty of time to gloat the demise of the best bus ever built soon enough.

...PS: 2855 had it's GMC plate removed!!! B)

...As for 2855. We're just being told it will be put behind the wall shortly. That'll end the 2700-2800's for good...

...2855 should have been gone long ago, I'm surprise it took this long to retire. It always mange to dodge the bullet.
The comments about 2855's demise were just misinterpreted. I was expressing my rage that the GMC plate was taken pre-retirement, and Transit2000 was saying that the plates disappearance was a sign of what is yet to come. Clearly via sightings and my having driven in yesterday it is still active.
That was uncalled for and frankly quite unnecessary. And to all the rest of the GM haters on this board, kindly keep your negative comments to yourself. You'll have plenty of time to gloat the demise of the best bus ever built soon enough.
Here here! I second that.
...2316 and 2345 were used as charter yesterday!
In addition to today? Or did you typo? I saw paperwork showing it was today. Also a streetcar operator I know saw them out too.

Okay, so I'm a but leary about posting this, but I can't help myself. Yesterday there were 4 hybrids that were deadbrids. That's just what was visible from doing route 52. Today another 3. Plus I don't know how many that are lined up along the timeout corner at Mt. Dennis (other divisions too?). Now with 2426 being seen out from behind the wall, now at Duncan. Also today I noticed 2355 out from behind the wall. Is there need for a couple more GMs for the last week of GM service?

Well, there's always the possibility that 2426 and 2355 are just being prepared to be towed away to whatever scrapper is getting them :(

PS: 2855 had it's GMC plate removed!!! :P

2355 sitting at the back of Duncan with its plate removed................

Still speculation. Theres five or so GMs that can be around untill next year. 2290, 2281, 2345, 2316, 2252. I'll have to check on the MTO for the others. 2855, and I'm not sure whats going on with 2444.

Chances are we'll just have to wait and see. If I find out that a Fishbowl pulls out of Mount Dennis on December 19th, I'll be hopping around like a kangaroo!

If 2444 isn't staying, that really supplies evidence that there won't be two restored, and instead all will be scrapped. Which really SUCKS!!! :P

This evening,

52: 2281, 2286, 2316, 2444, 2855

52C: 2290

6 Fishbowls, that's unusually high for evenings. Although, it was sure a treat. :(