TTC GM Fishbowl Retirements Watch

and that there is still slight hope of preserving two.

Here's hoping, though I don't have much. Bus_medic said they wouldn't be retained, so it would take nothing short of a miracle for it to happen. :(

"FUNERAL". How fitting for the sign to display that.

Very. :P

1991 at Lansdowne Garage.

Now THAT nearly brought a tear to my eye. :(

I remember those 7000's fondly from that time. Davenport division especially.

Good job I am already in Calgary so I still get to see them.

Shame that they are gone from the streets of Toronto, something which will eventually happen here too.

Lucky.

Starting to plan a fishbowl tour for next summer. Never been in that part of the country before.

Here's hoping, though I don't have much. Bus_medic said they wouldn't be retained, so it would take nothing short of a miracle for it to happen. :(

I know that Bus_Medic said that. Brad Ross isn't for sure yet though. Yes, it will be a miracle to have two preserved. It shouldn't have to be though. These buses are too good to eventually be a piece of history that's forgotten. The GM Fishbowls are just as special as the PCC's, if not more.

:( I also noticed that. I guess 2281's plate was taken off and the driver had it with him and put it back on, then took it off when he was about to go out of service.

2281's plate went missing a few weeks ago. Kinda like 2855s plate. It went into the shop for some work then when it was back out in service the plate was not. The plate on 2281 that night was an on-the-spot loan from a forward thinking transit fan.

I was an 52 Lawrence today as I have been for the last few Saturdays. Since GMs had gained the seniority to have weekends off I never gave the sight of all hybrids much thought when on Lawrence on Saturdays. Today however, even though it was Saturday when it would be all hybrids regardless of GM status, it still felt a little empty out there. :-(

On to positive now, I really like all the photos/vids that are being posted here, I hope to see more and I hope to have some of mine available soon too. Despite the somber occasion I'd have to say that was THE MOST fun on a shift I've ever had.

On to positive now, I really like all the photos/vids that are being posted here, I hope to see more and I hope to have some of mine available soon too. Despite the somber occasion I'd have to say that was THE MOST fun on a shift I've ever had.

Everyone definitely got great photos, which is great! It was certainly a great day yesterday, the morning felt regular, but the evening was great. I got to meet a lot of transit fans and a very nice bus driver on 2281. He certainly deserved the position to be the last one out.

I know official doesn't always mean anything. I realize though that the 16th being the official last day, there's probably a 0.1% that GM's will be out Monday. It's odd though that the TTC still has 52 and 352 to become accessible January 6th. Again though, I realize it's not gonna happen. Well, it was a great ending, and it couldn't have ended really any better. :(

2281's plate went missing a few weeks ago. Kinda like 2855s plate. It went into the shop for some work then when it was back out in service the plate was not. The plate on 2281 that night was an on-the-spot loan from a forward thinking transit fan.

bxsXQ.jpg

Whoever did that, awesome job.

Back in 2008 or 2009, I sent that idea of having the 6 Bay as a heritage route to Tourism Toronto, they never replied.

Here is a photo on 2046.

This is truly sad. They should have an all New Look heritage route like the RMs have in London. But ADA rules.....

8295n.jpg

8295.jpg

It always brought a smile to my face whenever I saw a GM pull into Lawrence station. I don't think I'll ride the 52 again for a while. :(

Same here. The appearance of a GM pulling around the corner into the station is just epic. 52 is a nice route, but now that the GM's are gone, it's missing it's final piece. There's other routes that still have Orion V's, and RTS', and certainly I wanna get rides on them before they're all scrapped too. My favorite route of all is 90. When GM's were on there I rode 90 nearly everyday, since the route became accessible, I've rode it once. :P

Though I wasn't there for the last day, I certainly enjoyed riding the Fishbowls when I was in Toronto earlier this year. Here is one of my favorite memories via video of now retired GM #2482 hauling ass and showing the power of the mighty 6v71 engine on Route 52. Enjoy.