TTC GM Fishbowl Retirements Watch

An unusual noise was coming from 2286 this afternoon. It sounded like it was an air leak possibly, it kept happening every 2-3 seconds.

I also heard the noise coming from 2286 when I rode it.

I also rode 2281, 2290, 2316, and 2855.

2281 did not have the tri colour sign as it did a few days earlier.

Edit: I also rode 2444.

An unusual noise was coming from 2286 this afternoon. It sounded like it was an air leak possibly, it kept happening every 2-3 seconds.

Yeah, 2286 has been doing that for at least over a month now. It's definitely not new. I don't know why the problem hasn't been fixed yet. I thought buses were inspected regularly? Then again, 2286 isn't listed as one of the buses that will make it through the new year (if any will). I'm guessing the problem has been discovered and 2286 will be the next to be retired.

When I first saw the post that a Fishbowl was on 6 Bay, I literally fell out of my chair! Of coarse though, it had to be a charter. Not saying charters are bad, they're great! I would really like to see a Fishbowl in revenue service on another route besides 52 for once though. I never thought the TTC could do so well in keeping Fishbowls off fully accessible routes.

I never thought the TTC could do so well in keeping Fishbowls off fully accessible routes.

You should have seen how many GMs Wilson garage used on morning and afternoon rush, regardless of accessibility or not.

In other news, it seems the TTC's going to push the service cuts to February. Will that stall time for the fishbowls?

You should have seen how many GMs Wilson garage used on morning and afternoon rush, regardless of accessibility or not.

In other news, it seems the TTC's going to push the service cuts to February. Will that stall time for the fishbowls?

I know very well about Wilson. Even Mount Dennis didn't do a great job keeping Fishbowls off accessible routes not long ago. That's certainly changed though.

My guess is yes. Very little extended time though. The Fishbowls will be gone before February as long as the VII order doesn't get delayed. We're lucky the Fishbowls lasted this long, as they were originally supposed to be phased out in mid 2010. Thanks to the dybrids though, they're still around.

2316 is by the wall, not the deadline wall. So probably on hold for brakes.

2345 is also facing the same direction but on the otherside. I know it has brake issues but there could be other problems.

I noticed both. I've been debating on whether or not I should put the dreaded X on my signature for those two considering there are only 2 days left now.