Random Photos - Calgary and Area

Currently working on some negative scanning along with the slide scanning. Two from my first trip to Calgary in August 2000. 

ct193X-R4-CT15-14a.thumb.jpg.989118dcf101d5b6478a5a963d6229a3.jpg
A 1930-1939 series Thomas Vista. Those were neat. 

ct278-R4-CT15-3.thumb.jpg.6d030708216b940df3563abbe6ebccb5.jpg
Not necessarily a new image on the internet as this was among the first photos I scanned a very long time ago, but, it was vastly better than that scan probably from 17-18 years ago and made from a print (second generation source rather than a first generation source like a negative).

• Like 9

I almost forgot what Chinook station used to look like, before it was torn down... I go by it at least twice a day now, and always forget about how bad the station building was, with trash thrown all over the place and various people camping out there (like they do at most of the indoor stations here). 

Nice pics!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, armorand said:

I almost forgot what Chinook station used to look like, before it was torn down... I go by it at least twice a day now, and always forget about how bad the station building was, with trash thrown all over the place and various people camping out there (like they do at most of the indoor stations here). 

Nice pics!

Very much like most of the other South Line stations from Victoria Park-Stampede through to Anderson.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, downbeat said:

Sign looks like it’s falling down too?

If what a Medicine Hat mechanic said is true, that means there is only one bolt holding that sign in place (out of 4 that are supposed to be there. Considering it isn't good for a sign to rattle around a lot (and those cost thousands to replace), I'm surprised they left it like that.

18 hours ago, downbeat said:

Can’t say I have … I get the feeling you’re trying to tell me something. 🤣

I wish I had a photo to show you but you can't even see the left lower half of the sign it's fallen down that much

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Vancouver said:

Saw former Strathcona County Transit MCI Classic 900 broken down last night in Manchester Industrial. Looks like it's been converted into a kitchen of some sort.

IMG_20190603_180340.thumb.jpg.057b966a61340f400e9935cd29d36c61.jpgIMG_20190603_180412.thumb.jpg.aedef6a924cd669ee3c9c736ab1739d0.jpg

A food bus perhaps?

Just came across this on YouTube — a series of photos (slideshow in video format, essentially) showing CTS trolley buses at various locations in the 1970s. This might be a trip down memory lane for some of you … but for me this was a mind-blowing new discovery of Calgary's transit history!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just got onboard 7964, checked the wiki and seems familiar to what I used to ride back home... definitely brings back some memories (since it was built to Winnipeg specs)

Also nice to slide open the actual window itself and get that breeze in, versus the top window slot - never feels the same if its just a top window slot opening, for me.

20190627_174918.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...