Random Photos - Calgary and Area

12 minutes ago, downbeat said:

A couple of random snaps around SAIT station today. (I don't remember seeing the "Stop, Look & Listen" mural before!)

Considering the amount of us (former) SAIT & ACAD students going around the gates & hopping over the gates themselves to try & get to class - or to beat the crowd and marches up the hill - I could see why theres now a massive safety advertisement/billboard on-site.

Used bus to bus transfers alot this weekend, due to the train maintenance... took the 65 & wanted to wait for a 22, but found out it was alot faster to risk the sketchy walk up to Sunalta instead. Noticed this bus stop, looking like something almost straight out of Detroit, with how dilapidated & rusty it looked...

Is this the most dilapidated bus stop in Calgary, appearance wise? I've seen worse growing up in Winnipeg, but was expecting CT to keep things a little bit neater & without all the overgrowth, especially so close to Sunalta & noting all the homeless using the Greyhound building/skywalk as basically a new campsite. Or even just paining over the CT sign. 

20210815_144728.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Greatcoinz said:

Scrolling through Reddit reading about the Memorial Drive closure for filming. Does anyone who the New Flyer D40LF originally belonged too? It's painted in the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (Boston MA) livery. 

I have been told it is a former St. Albert bus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are some satellite images of the former Bow Trail terminal, at what was at that time the far end of Bow Trail (at the cross street of Old Banff Coach Road/Strathcona Boulevard).  From information I can gather online, as well as satellite imagery, the terminal was built in the early 1980s, once Bow Trail was built out to connect Coach Hilll and Strathcona; both of which were under construction at the time.  By late-2001, it appears the terminal was no longer in use, with the 401 using the new Westside Rec Centre terminal instead.  It was not long after that Bow Trail would be extended all the way to 85 Street SW.

rehrehrhsh.PNG

rherheh.PNG

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, JK-from-YYC said:

Amazingly managed to get 2 perfect Balios pictures (in a row!) Why do the Balios displays use 3O1 with an O for the northbound trip and 301 with a zero for the southbound?

IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1056.JPG

Still the same numbers just different font/font size

• 2 weeks later...