Random Photos - Calgary and Area

Just now, armorand said:

Theres still school route fixed service for the area schools, right? Or all on-demand only, as of now? CT mentioned no more conventional fixed routes, but they never mentioned school routes contracted by CBE or anything. Just out of curiosity. 

Just for reference, I do in fact go to Ernest Manning right now and have not been told anything regarding school expresses.  Plus, the amount of people needed to take the bus from EM to the areas served by the 94, 164, 439 and 454 is small enough that it won't be an issue to use On Demand anyway.  For the 94 (in Strathcona) you could also use the existing Route 894 to get to/from 69 Street as well.

1 hour ago, TechSpotlight said:

Just for reference, I do in fact go to Ernest Manning right now and have not been told anything regarding school expresses.  Plus, the amount of people needed to take the bus from EM to the areas served by the 94, 164, 439 and 454 is small enough that it won't be an issue to use On Demand anyway.  For the 94 (in Strathcona) you could also use the existing Route 894 to get to/from 69 Street as well.

Ridership on the on-demand service will be monitored for the first couple of weeks and if need be school express runs will be added.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, TimmyC62 said:

There's one of those at 6349, the northbound Crowchild @ Kensington Rd. as well: Crowchild Trail NW - Google Maps

I don't think it works anymore either.

You know, this actuslly wouldn't be a bad idea for DART/on-demand transit, or having specially lighted bus stops in sketchy parts of the city...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, green_line_26 said:

Found this cool light at the bus loop in Ogden, too bad it doesn't turn on :(

20210315_072847.jpg

You can find these all along Crowchild and Barlow Trails, some still work too, I know Crowchild and 17th northbound does

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, downbeat said:

I don’t think I’ve seen this message displayed before … and the bus really wasn’t full ?

DBA92BBC-8A24-4964-AB5D-6C9936F64B27.jpeg

It's rarely used, but hey I passed by on a train right before you snapped this photo!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 7:06 PM, vicinity said:

7765 has them 

IIRC, Winnipeg still has their ex-CT stripes as well lol. Nobody wants to deal with repainting D40LF roofs, apparently. Or spend the $$$ if nobody sees it, right?

On 3/15/2021 at 12:49 PM, green_line_26 said:

Found this cool light at the bus loop in Ogden, too bad it doesn't turn on :(

20210315_072847.jpg

Sorry for the late reply. I can remember quite a few of these around the system and as already been mentioned they had them along Crowchild. Since I use to drive late night runs, especially the route 20, they were great as when you saw the flash you knew someone wanted your bus. Still it paid to slow down as you approached those as some people never pressed them and still wanted your bus.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...