Pacific Western Transportation

A. Wong

They are 1995 buses built for Orange County Transportation Authority in California. Pacific Western acquired them used in 2014 for the Terminal Link shuttle at Pearson while the LINK Train was closed for work related to UPX. They had some refurbishment work done for them prior to the Terminal Link shuttle, including an engine retrofit.

To my knowledge, the engines in those OCTA units were retrofitted while still in service for the OCTA and ran like for some time before their retirement. They were originally DD Series 50 engines that were retrofitted with Cummins ISC or ISL diesel engines.

They are 1995 buses built for Orange County Transportation Authority in California. Pacific Western acquired them used in 2014 for the Terminal Link shuttle at Pearson while the LINK Train was closed for work related to UPX. They had some refurbishment work done for them prior to the Terminal Link shuttle, including an engine retrofit.

was in 2013 not 2014

• 3 weeks later...

Caught some crappy shots of the PWT Trainer coach leaving the Red Arrow Shops earlier today....

140315-4043pwt-trainer.jpg140315-4044pwt-trainer.jpg

Also, PWT (ex-OCTA) D40LF #'s 5247, 5253, and 5262 are all parked at the Red Arrow shops with PWT decals now on them. #5253 is the one that operated on the Spruce Meadows shuttles last September and it now sits with no plates. #5247 has an Alberta place and 5262 has a BC plate. They also have PWT decals on the right side between rear axle and rear doors. I am not sure exactly what is happening with these buses at this point.

140315-4045pwt5262-5247.jpg140315-4046pwt5253.jpg

Saw an interesting unit to keep an eye out for. It was a 2002-2009 style H3-45, black on the front similar to the latest models (ie. painted), and operating for Diversified!

This is the only one of these I can recall seeing for the Diversified fleet - most of their H3-45s are the original style after being transferred from down east.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice find Mike^^^!

Diversified #'s 1526, and 1527 are both Prevost H3-41's that I spotted parked at the Southland 'Bonner' yard in the Highfield Industrial area of S.E. Calgary yesterday afternoon. I am not sure what is happening with them as in if they were transferred to Southland or just temporarily stored there.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...