Pacific Western Transportation

A. Wong

I am hearing that Pacific Western Toronto Division will be scaling down and moving their office to the Victoria Park Avenue and Consumers Road area just near the 401. Pacific Western Toronto will continue to operate Seneca College but those buses will be moved to one of Seneca College's campus to be parked and the Minibuses will be parked at the new office at Victoria Park Avenue and Consumers Road area. More Motorcoaches are being moved out west and when the NHL season is done, those remaining Motorcoaches will be moved out west and PW Toronto should settle into their new office.

3 hours ago, Megabus Rider said:

I am hearing that Pacific Western Toronto Division will be scaling down and moving their office to the Victoria Park Area and Consumers Road area just near the 401. Pacific Western Toronto will continue to operate Seneca College but those buses will be moved to one of Seneca College's campus to be parked and the Minibuses will be parked at the new office at Victoria Park Avenue and Consumers Road area. More Motorcoaches are being moved out west and when the NHL season is done, those remaining Motorcoaches will be moved out west and PW Toronto should settle into their new office.

My buddy I spoke to recently working with PWT in Kitimat mentioned that there was some mroe red units out here in the West for the LNG work. Will get more info if I can, said they were in the 800 series fleet numbers? Checking the wiki, closest would be the 8800 series. Will have to see if I can get pictures.

49 minutes ago, translink fan said:

My buddy I spoke to recently working with PWT in Kitimat mentioned that there was some mroe red units out here in the West for the LNG work. Will get more info if I can, said they were in the 800 series fleet numbers? Checking the wiki, closest would be the 8800 series. Will have to see if I can get pictures.

Yes, 8800 series, those are 2018 MY Coaches for Safeway Tours. Yep, more units coming your way once the NHL season is done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 10:44 AM, canuck600 said:

I'm hearing that PWT in Ontario  has completely shut down?

Pretty much, garage sold, busses moved out to their other divisions in Alberta and BC. Not really a footprint left of them here now, and who knows if they'll come back or how when things open again.

On 6/10/2021 at 11:57 PM, JCWhite said:

Pretty much, garage sold, busses moved out to their other divisions in Alberta and BC. Not really a footprint left of them here now, and who knows if they'll come back or how when things open again.

Did they drop their contracts with the NHL, NBA and I believe MLS for pickup/drop offs at Pearson as well, or did they keep a remaining few for that contract? 

59 minutes ago, canuck600 said:

What are the chances that any of those leagues will be operating soon so PWT can get any revenue from them?

Well the leafs were doing inner country travel all year and I believe come September other leagues will start and be doing cross border 

On 6/10/2021 at 9:57 PM, JCWhite said:

I did hear that PWT is interested in expanding their ebus brand out to Ontario. But well c how that plays out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 11:57 PM, JCWhite said:

Quite a few PWT Buses parked by Pearson Airport in a lot on Airport rd near the Wendy's , a few H3s and a X3 

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On 6/30/2021 at 9:07 PM, Prevost said:

Oh, interesting. i thought they were closing up shop in Ontario.

They still have the Whitby DRT contract. Maple leaf sports entertainment contracts. Milton transit contracts . Also school bus contracts under their Century and McCluskey names.

3 hours ago, TheAverageJoe said:

They still have the Whitby DRT contract. Maple leaf sports entertainment contracts. Milton transit contracts . Also school bus contracts under their Century and McCluskey names.

I believe Great Canadian Coaches got the Maple Leaf Sports Entertainment Contracts including MLB.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pacific Western Transportation BC has applied for 1 trip week Salmon Arm to BC/Ab border via Hwy 1.

Seems they want to compete with Rider Express....their not the first ones to try and get permission to operate this corridor, others have tried and failed. But I dont think their application will be succesfull as Rider def services the demand and doesnt even run 2 daily runs which they could if they wanted too. Personally I think if PWT was smart and they dont get approved for this application they they should just buy Rider as they already have a huge reach across Canada.Including an Eastern presence.

On 8/3/2022 at 10:40 PM, roeco said:

Pacific Western Transportation BC has applied for 1 trip week Salmon Arm to BC/Ab border via Hwy 1.

Seems they want to compete with Rider Express....their not the first ones to try and get permission to operate this corridor, others have tried and failed. But I dont think their application will be succesfull as Rider def services the demand and doesnt even run 2 daily runs which they could if they wanted too. Personally I think if PWT was smart and they dont get approved for this application they they should just buy Rider as they already have a huge reach across Canada.Including an Eastern presence.

Had a huge presence.

aside from one transit contract in the Toronto area, they’re gone east of Alberta.

On 8/6/2022 at 12:03 AM, Bus_Medic said:

Had a huge presence.

aside from one transit contract in the Toronto area, they’re gone east of Alberta.

Yeah I think in the west their kinda late to the gate as many other companies have established routes since Greyhounds departure in the last 3 1/2 yrs. They tried to apply for Kamloops to Prince George which i knew they wouldnt get as theirs already a very well established co on that corridor. They wont get SA to BC/Ab border either cause same thing theirs a very well established co that could add service if needed and another co would just dilute the ridership as rider express already operates almost near identical service to current ebus service in BC so its going to be very difficult for ebus to prove the ridership is not being met and theirs a demand for another co.