Fishbowls in Havana

York Transit

:huh: DID THE STCUM EVER SEND ANY FISHBOWLS TO CUBA!!!!!??? ;)

You bet they did!!!! :P

Only reason STRSM sent them was probably cause STCUM did!

Rarely does the STCUM/STM follow anyone, usually others follow them, (and most time it's not good).

There used to be tons in service, now there are only a handful left it seems.

There have been reports of them taking the wheels off, and putting them on flatbed trucks, towed by the cab, and boarding people onto the "mobile-immobile" bus.

Better than when they just covert he flat bed into a people carrier altogether! 4225003.6.22.jpg

2314157482_32ce6e278b.jpg

2314157018_1fc32b6658.jpg

2314156574_ccd03f1098.jpg

Wonder where this is from? Lol

Ha ORION I!!!

FIRST GEN LFS TO CUBA!!!!

HAHAHAHA.

That would be like spitting at them........this is already in another thread from the QC forums btw.

Cuba would never crap like that. They want durable reliable buses...LFS's wouldn't last a month, even a week, heck even a day, in CUBA!

I'm not quite sure where they will find any buses to satisfy their needs, since we have been building the crapiest buses since the Omnibus for the past 10 years or so.

...where the guys at Coolopolis spotted it roaming the streets in 1998...

"Roaming the streets", eh?...still desperately looking for its comfy old parking space in the Legendre Garage, no doubt. B):lol:

Those horrendous "people movers"! How absolutely dehumanizing those contraptions are! Imagine how hot and sweaty it must be inside when it's that crammed. I swear, it almost looks as if the people want to jam themselves aboard no matter what!

"Hola, driver! Look...Pedro Gonzalez just snuck in the window! Walk back and throw him the hell off!" :P:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
...where the guys at Coolopolis spotted it roaming the streets in 1998...

"Roaming the streets", eh?...still desperately looking for its comfy old parking space in the Legendre Garage, no doubt. B):P

Those horrendous "people movers"! How absolutely dehumanizing those contraptions are! Imagine how hot and sweaty it must be inside when it's that crammed. I swear, it almost looks as if the people want to jam themselves aboard no matter what!

"Hola, driver! Look...Pedro Gonzalez just snuck in the window! Walk back and throw him the hell off!" :(:P

LOL!!!

Yeah, how DO they collect fares!?!

I took them in Varadero on a trip back in march 1999.

It was a fishbowl from the former CTRSM from about 1982-1984.

All the ads were intact in the bus....even the one from the expos from 1988 season with Tim Raines and Dennis Martínez! :unsure:

So you wonder, they even old Ford buses from the 50's in Cuba that they use everyday! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm interesting, that brown looks suspiciously like a certain brown we used to have on our buses!

It almost looks like they took the front of one bus, and the welded it to the body of another.

Of course this would be impossible, unless a tan bus was kept at the back of the yards for years and never repainted..

As for older buses running everyday in cuba...why not! These things are tanks, they never give up, it's just that here the clientele will complain and the TC's don't like to deal with them, not to mention the environmental issues, otherwise, there is really nothing wrong with them.

You will never see any modern day buses over there though, they wouldn't even be able to survive the trip down! :blink: