Jump to content

Universal Coach Line


Prevost
 Share

Recommended Posts

I saw three UCL coaches tonight in Richmond getting off of the highway heading back to their base on Mitchell Island. This was shocking I must say as I thought there’s no more bus tours due to social distancing and Covid-19. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Prevost said:

I saw three UCL coaches tonight in Richmond getting off of the highway heading back to their base on Mitchell Island. This was shocking I must say as I thought there’s no more bus tours due to social distancing and Covid-19. 

Could have been doing some essential service work!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2020 at 3:19 PM, Prevost said:

Okay, makes sense. Curious to know what that essential service work was!

I was told the only big piece of work right now for them is the Kinder Morgan shuttle on Burnaby mountain. Something like 20+ shuttle buses and a handful of coaches on it from what I was told. Passed a bus today with Kinder Morgan signage coming up Boundary road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, translink fan said:

I was told the only big piece of work right now for them is the Kinder Morgan shuttle on Burnaby mountain. Something like 20+ shuttle buses and a handful of coaches on it from what I was told. Passed a bus today with Kinder Morgan signage coming up Boundary road.

Good to know, thanks for sharing!  Do you know what kind of equipment they are using?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve seen Universal coaches staged on Deltaport Way just off of Hwy 17 as recently as last week.  I’m guessing they may be running shuttles for the new amazon warehouse that opened up nearby (pure speculation, but there really isn’t anything else that would be open in that area).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Kremorgan said:

I’ve seen Universal coaches staged on Deltaport Way just off of Hwy 17 as recently as last week.  I’m guessing they may be running shuttles for the new amazon warehouse that opened up nearby (pure speculation, but there really isn’t anything else that would be open in that area).  

Universal has the Amazon employee shuttle work as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Spotted what I think is unit #1109 (since it was a Prevost H3-45 with chrome mirrors and the unit number ended with a "9" and it was a newer unit) returning from a Rockies Tour with Charming Holidays heading westbound on 41st Avenue this evening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Just thought I would share the news that Universal Coach Line is the first motorcoach company in Canada to purchase the battery-electric MCI J4500 coach:

"Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada – January 20, 2022: (TSX: NFI, OTC: NFYEF, TSX: NFI.DB) NFI Group Inc. (“NFI”), a leading independent bus and coach manufacturer and a leader in electric mass mobility solutions, today announced that its subsidiary Motor Coach Industries (“MCI”) has received a new order from Universal Coach Line (“Universal”) for one battery-electric, forty-five-foot MCI J4500 CHARGE™ coach.

The order, supported by provincial grants and sales tax rebates, marks the first purchase of a long-distance, battery-electric MCI J4500 CHARGE™ in Canada. The J4500 CHARGE™ – a zero-emission version of the industry’s best-selling J series tour and charter luxury coaches – leverages EV technology from NFI subsidiary New Flyer and delivers up to 370 kilometers of range, while also delivering enhanced safety features."

https://www.mcicoach.com/universal-coach-line-orders-first-battery-electric-j4500-charge-coach-in-canada-from-nfis-motor-coach-industries/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Spotted a Prevost H3-45 with the blue lines across the bus (that replaced the green lines when CBLBC owned it), which would lead me to think it's a Wilson's unit, but then it was followed by a Universal MCI J4500 unit and both of them were making a left turn from 41st (eastbound) onto Granville Street (northbound) this morning at around 7:40AM. Does anyone know if Wilson sold some of their units to Universal?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...