Universal Coach Line

Prevost

21 hours ago, translink fan said:

Was hanging at Universal today with a friend when I noticed a new style H3-45 pull in all dirty. Didn't take much of it until I saw the fleet number 887. Thought I had seen it before but turns out it just pulled in from the Quebec Factory! Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome #887! A 2017 Prevost H3-45! Here's some pictures in the yard. I was looking through it and asked the regional manager if it was to be assigned to a particular tour company. No plans yet. Doesn't even have plates yet! Enjoy!

Do you know if they bought this bus outright or is it on a lease to UCL? The legals only say "operated by"...

As well, did they only get 1 new unit?

On 3/21/2017 at 7:34 PM, Prevost said:

Do you know if they bought this bus outright or is it on a lease to UCL? The legals only say "operated by"...

As well, did they only get 1 new unit?

Not sure. Thats a question for the owner. And so far all its been one..

Edit: All the UCL Coaches say "Operated" so I don't really know why it matters.

Edited by translink fan
New Info

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Spotted 3 Universals back go back heading east on 41st avenue this morning and all 3 were new style (not recapped):

1. One with Charming Holiday decals on the side

2. One with Lion Travel decals on the side

3. One with Universal Coach Line decals on the side (not sure who was chartering it)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
17 hours ago, translink fan said:

Mechanic friend of mine sent me pictures of 2 new J4500s that have arrived over the weekend. One white one like the previous orders and one in a Burgundy base paint with stripes. Ex Demo which has unit number #68379.

Can't wait to see pics!

On 12/27/2017 at 7:19 PM, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

Universal #902 near the University of Calgary - December 27, 2017.

I had not seen this before this! Not sure when they received this coach, but I suspect within the past 5 or 6 months if not more recent.

271217-0868universal902.jpg

Nice catch!

• Like 1

On 12/27/2017 at 7:19 PM, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

Universal #902 near the University of Calgary - December 27, 2017.

I had not seen this before this! Not sure when they received this coach, but I suspect within the past 5 or 6 months if not more recent.

Both BC 887 and AB 902 were delivered in March 2017.

902 doesn't equipped with rear view camera but has two power inverter for onboard 110V outlets.

On 1/1/2018 at 2:18 AM, translink fan said:

Finally got around to editing the photos of the new J4500s. NIght Shift at work has been preventing them being up sooner.

24558501827_851ea76989_c.jpgUniversal MCI J4500 #896-3 by Dannny29, on Flickr

Without MCI demo wording on sides, now is not "Reliability DRIVEN" anymore :D

• 3 weeks later...

Spotted #887 Prevost H3-45 doing charter for 1st Express Travel again this morning as it made its turn from Cambie onto 41st. Does anyone know if 1st Express has an agreement to use this new unit? Cause they seem to be using it for a lot of their Tuesday departures to the Rockies. 

The tour operator sign should be hidden to avoid spotting. :ph34r:

(The signage will be removed after picking up all the passengers to keep the tour low profile) ^_^

The owner of the coach usually has the first priority to use for their trips. While the lessee may arrange the coach to serve other groups as required or if they could afford.B)

Stay tuned for another new(er) coach for the tour operator and a couple of nice units for "King of Beasts"

18 hours ago, 836 said:

The tour operator sign should be hidden to avoid spotting. :ph34r:

(The signage will be removed after picking up all the passengers to keep the tour low profile) ^_^

The owner of the coach usually has the first priority to use for their trips. While the lessee may arrange the coach to serve other groups as required or if they could afford.B)

Stay tuned for another new(er) coach for the tour operator and a couple of nice units for "King of Beasts"

Thanks for your reply, but I'm afraid I don't quite get what you are saying... Do you mind clarifying a bit.

1. Why should the tour operator sign be hidden to avoid spotting? From most of the tours I've been on, the tour sign remains on display at the front of the bus throughout the tour.

2. Isn't the owner/operator Universal Coach Lines? I am referring to Universal Coach Lines #887. My question was whether 1st Express has a contract or some special arrangement to use #887 since it seems to be on charter for 1st Express quite often.

3. Are you saying Universal Coach Lines is getting new(er) buses? There are many tour operators that use Universal Coach Lines, are you referring to a particular one since you used the singular tense? As well, who is the "King of Beasts"?

• 2 weeks later...