Universal Coach Line

Prevost

Does anyone know the total number of motorcoaches that comprise UCL's fleet? they say that they are the third largerst company in B.C., so would they have more buses than CBLBC? and would anyone happen to have photos of their new Prevost H3-45s and MCI J4500s? Thanks

Hmm... i thought they owned most of their coaches. I've been on a few of them, and the ones i've been on are owned by them i belive. I remember back in the day Universal did not have all white prevosts. The scheme that Charming Holidays had on a frameless prevost was not bad, very colorful, don't know if it's still applied to the bus though. The ex-Lakefront coaches that UCL operates, are they leased or did UCL buy them? and 221 is a retrofit i believe, since the front interior, that divider thing behind the driver, it still has that piece glass/plastic, while new coaches have a bar handle there.

And please, post any info you have on UCL.

Visit my site at www.dan.photos.me.uk

• 11 months later...
  • Board Admin

Couple photos of (I think it was a J, can't remember) from my trip back to Victoria back in March... I apologize in advance for the crappy quality
Yup, that is indeed a J, and a Prevost beside it. B)

Yup, that is indeed a J, and a Prevost beside it. :P

Yeah, the Prevost is PCL 3015, we were on that one from Victoria on our way back to Edmonton... But of course I have no idea what unit the Universal J was... Picture doesn't help.. lol

Does anyone know if they have more than one yellow coach?

According to earlier reports, there are two yellow UCL Coaches. I believe #319, a Prevost H3-41 is painted yellow. I have photos of it taken back in July of 2001 and it was yellow then.

EDIT: Here are the above mentioned photos of #319 and also a photo of #310 taken the same day back in July of 2001.

ucl319a.jpg

ucl319b.jpg

ucl310.jpg

So I know I've asked before...but nobody seemed to really know last time I asked. So I will ask again.

Does anybody know why some of Universal's coaches have Saskatchewan plates on them?

Are they leasing out coaches to a company there?

Do they have a depot in Saskatchewan?

Both units that I have seen with Saskatchewan plates (instead of BC plates) still have Universal decals and do not have any other company names on them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...