BC Transit Fleet/General Notes

13 hours ago, XN40G said:

I am hoping for kamloops transit system to get some proterras and also like 3-5 more xn40 transfers, maybe even, 4 grande west cng busses transfers from victoria to kamloops!!!!

Well they do still have 9840 9872 9878 that definitely needs to be retired. 

A few d40lf left in Victoria. Maybe send a few vicinity cng to replace shuttles in Kamloops

Send 3-5 xn40 to Kamloops (up to 2 for expansion of service times). 3 of those to retire d40lf (sad ending i loved those buses) there. 

Presto. Full fleet of cng buses running in Kamloops. 

(this should i know be under Kamloops page but I've said a few fleet management ideas which falls here.)

But. The 13 Yellowhead to heffley creek. 14  Batchelor Heights. 16 Juniper ridge. 6 city loop. They should not use shuttles or 40ft buses. they should use vicinity buses. 

6 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

Well they do still have 9840 9872 9878 that definitely needs to be retired. 

A few d40lf left in Victoria. Maybe send a few vicinity cng to replace shuttles in Kamloops

Send 3-5 xn40 to Kamloops (up to 2 for expansion of service times). 3 of those to retire d40lf (sad ending i loved those buses) there. 

Presto. Full fleet of cng buses running in Kamloops. 

(this should i know be under Kamloops page but I've said a few fleet management ideas which falls here.)

But. The 13 Yellowhead to heffley creek. 14  Batchelor Heights. 16 Juniper ridge. 6 city loop. They should not use shuttles or 40ft buses. they should use vicinity buses. 

I agree with this, it would be sad to see the d40lf's go, Vicinity CNG should be for routes 6,13,14,16,18 only also routes 2,3,4,5,9, and 17 can run the 30 ft busses

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, JK-from-YYC said:

9351 drove to Big Rig Collision in Calgary today.

I'm curious if that implies they are starting a refurb on that unit, as most of BCT's refurbishments have been done there.

9351 is part of the large 2009 order,  which has been stated elsewhere that BC Transit was going to switch to a 12-year lifespan starting with that 2009 order to eliminate the need for a mid-life refurbishment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/21/2020 at 9:36 PM, InfiNorth said:

As a general note for the Wiki, 4215 is destroyed after a very serious incident at Leigh Road - flipped onto its side and completely munched up the entire right side of the bus. Videos aren't forever, so I'll link them along with a screenshot from one of them.

Capture.PNG

On 8/20/2022 at 9:42 PM, XN40G said:

does anyone know what happened to the grande west cng bus 4215?, says retired on the wiki page and a 2020 bus

Here ya go :)

7 hours ago, XN40G said:

how are the Nelson, Quesnel and Terrace Grande West Vicinity 27.5-foot buses doing? Are they done or still in operation?

I don't have any insider information on this, so I cannot make any positive identifications or confirm any of this info, but I suspect the 3000-series Vicinities are all in storage/contingency or retired. Most systems that were using them have received sufficient 30' or 35' diesel Vicinity buses this summer to replace them:

• Chilliwack (3005-3006): received 4065-4066; confirmed sent to contingency
  • Dawson Creek (3008, 3013-3015): received 4456-4458; 3008 transferred to Terrace, 3014 transferred to Trail
  • Kelowna (3007, 3011-3012): slated to receive 4064, 4459-4460; confirmed retired
  • Nelson (3003-3004): received 4461-4462
  • Penticton (3001-3002): received 4071-4072, confirmed sent to contingency
  • Quesnel (3009-3010): received 4062-4063
  • Terrace (3008): received 4067; not visible on property when I visited earlier this month
Edited by Articulated
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Articulated said:

not visible on property when I visited earlier this month

If you don't mind me asking, you sure do travel and get transit information a lot - are you associated professionally with transport services or is it genuinely that heavy of a hobby? Mad respect for the info you manage to share either way. 

Just now, InfiNorth said:

If you don't mind me asking, you sure do travel and get transit information a lot - are you associated professionally with transport services or is it genuinely that heavy of a hobby? Mad respect for the info you manage to share either way. 

It's all a hobby; my full-time job is in an unrelated field. While I do try to research answers as much as possible to ensure my posts are as accurate as possible, I do also try to preface and word my posts in a way to make it clear that it's based on research and/or educated guesses, and not on insider information.

In this case, all of the info in my previous post comes from the Wiki, which another user updated with the latest fleet movements (btw thanks, always appreciated); I just added in some critical thinking and analysis in my post.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question regarding the 98' D40LF's. I was doing some browsing on the wiki and noticed that only 9817 & 9843 are listed as active however I think I may have seen somewhere here that they are only used as backup/spare units?

Is anyone able to confirm them being active or retired. I'm going to be in Vancouver for the next week and was hoping to visit Victoria to get one if they happen to come out. However the trackers history stopped at April so I'm a bit skeptical about them being active

CORRECTION: upon double checking the wiki (again) I see they are listed as training units now, but in the event they were to be utilized for revenue coverage would they be trackable in anyway?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2022 at 11:30 AM, Express691 said:

All DE40LFs are done. Saw a post in a private Facebook group confirming the three remaining units are being disposed of.

Crazy... I'll miss their comfy seats but not their noise.

• Like 1

I'll miss those units! I already miss the d40lf's. By time i can "visit" Victoria i bet the training units along with any other remaining d40lf's will be done service

At least I'll still get to  "visit" the preserved wvmt unit when it's out somewhere AND 9753. Even though i liked the voith more then the allison.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, UprisingCanadian said:

Does anyone have pictures of the damage 9292 suffered a while back? Found no link to anything.

Wiki only states serious head on collision. Used as parts bus for rest of them. Scrapped same month (April 2010). Was only 2 years old. 

Ps: I'm glad I'm a new flyer man. I hate everything about the novas and would rather see my good ol' 1995-1998 New Flyers return from heaven