mcooknell

BC Transit Fleet/General Notes

11 hours ago, Express691 said:

9820 is in Whistler.

I thought it was in storage there. Maybe somewhere else or a different unit. Glad to see Whistler going with em again.

On 12/17/2019 at 7:47 PM, Rd320 said:

XN40 1142 has returned to Whistler. Also to Whistler is their first new XN40 1148. A newspaper article in the local paper says this order of buses has the new white LED destination signs, driver barriers already installed, aswell as newer bike racks which will eventually be rolled out province wide to accommodate bikes with larger wheels. D40LF 9846 has also been transfered to Whister for storage

I think that white LED signs provided by Luminator as possible~~

1 hour ago, Cathay 888 said:

I think that white LED signs provided by Luminator as possible~~

Yes they are indeed Luminator signs. I was actually reading up on that last night as i was in Victoria over Christmas and saw 9437 several times. I came across a post on the Luminator twitter page7D088F78-8F50-4B35-B303-ACE6102425CC.thumb.jpeg.c20d279d8caba1f53c28bbbc9c73f173.jpeg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Thomasw said:

Spotted 5 XN40s at Detroit Diesel in Surrey  this morning.

There’s 8 at Cullen, and all of them have the BCT Victoria phone number.

Got this photo  from Western Canadian Transportation Lounge.

1159 i see will be Victoria. Does that mean the firsts are whistler (3) and 21 for Vic after that? 

*Photo is not my take but i might just go to Victoria to check this out*

received_500977003873821.png

3 hours ago, KINGSTER200 said:

There’s 8 at Cullen, and all of them have the BCT Victoria phone number.

21 for vic. 3 for whistler. 4 for cfv. And there's 68(?) in total? Where are the rest?

On 12/29/2019 at 9:36 PM, Busmanic92 said:

Got this photo  from Western Canadian Transportation Lounge.

1159 i see will be Victoria. Does that mean the firsts are whistler (3) and 21 for Vic after that? 

*Photo is not my take but i might just go to Victoria to check this out*

received_500977003873821.png

21 for vic. 3 for whistler. 4 for cfv. And there's 68(?) in total? Where are the rest?

The CNG tanks were being put in yesterday at LTC. 

XN40s 1148 and 1149 have entered service in Whistler. D40LF 9750 has joined the other D40LFs and Darts i previously mentioned at the scrap yard in Squamish

• Like 1

BC Transit is taking delivery of new high-floor cutaways with Girardin Micro Bird/G5 bodies for HandyDART service. The first 13 units will be delivered to Victoria, while the next 15 will replace all of Nanaimo's fleet (Wiki lists 14 HandyDART vehicles, with the news article listing an extra "light duty bus temporarily activated in January" that will be replaced). I'm assuming some of the newer Arbocs in Nanaimo's fleet will get shifted to other communities, as they have a couple of newer ones that shouldn't be up for replacement quite yet.

2590, 2597-2598 have been spotted being delivered, assuming they are for Victoria.

https://www.bctransit.com/nanaimo/news?nid=1529709626854

Driving on the highway past Port Kells today i saw a few plain white Grande West Vicinity CNGs. I‘m guessing these might be for BC Transit?

7 hours ago, Rd320 said:

Driving on the highway past Port Kells today i saw a few plain white Grande West Vicinity CNGs. I‘m guessing these might be for BC Transit?

I had a good look at them driving past them on 192nd street and they are the CNG versions, so yeah, they are most likely for BC transit.

• Like 1