BC Transit Fleet/General Notes

• 3 weeks later...

9861 has arrived in Victoria. This is the last of the planned Kamloops-Victoria transfers resulting from the CNG transition. Also spotted 9835 in service still with exterior Kamloops ads.

9831 should be arriving in Nanaimo within the next month if it hasn't already - the wiki shows that 9832 and 9833 are already there.

As of today the only remaining 1995 D40LFs active in Victoria are 8051 and 8061. Barring anything unforseen, 8072, 8081, 8082 and 8086 in Kelowna should be gone soon as well if they aren't already out of service. Likewise with any remaining Kamloops units.

9320 did finally show up in Kelowna. We still have one of the 1995 D40LF's here, and for some reason I can't remember the number. I will look at it. 8081 and 8082 have both been deplated and robbed of parts waiting to go to the graveyard. 9330 had a small engine fire, and now sits bagged waiting for parts and repairs. The damage was minimal.

Anyone hear yet if 9269 in the Fraser Valley was a complete loss after its fire?

9320 did finally show up in Kelowna. We still have one of the 1995 D40LF's here, and for some reason I can't remember the number. I will look at it. 8081 and 8082 have both been deplated and robbed of parts waiting to go to the graveyard. 9330 had a small engine fire, and now sits bagged waiting for parts and repairs. The damage was minimal.

Anyone hear yet if 9269 in the Fraser Valley was a complete loss after its fire?

Mechanics said it was a write off, 9751 came in from Vic to replace it.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how current the fleet roster is for Kootenay Boundry? I am curious if I will find 9851 and 9852 still running or not.

http://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Kootenay_Boundary_Transit_System

They are still allocated there, but I am not sure if they are currently in place. Both have been at Wilson's for work. Not sure if they have been moved back yet.

Demo NFI MIDI and Vicinity buses have arrived at VTC for evaluation for the RFP. Should be around until wednesday at least. No revenue service that I am aware of.

I thought the RFP for these buses (issued almost a year ago) was for 35 of these "mid-capacity, high-floor buses"?

That's news to me. Where did you read that? There's only 6 coming this year.

Stupid question: why do the Central Fraser Valley Transit system 1996 D40LF have LED Destination sign and no other 1996 D40LF provincial wide?

I don't exactly know why, but I believe it maybe because when 9840-9844 we're getting Refurbished back in 2011. A few of our 1996's got the old balios signs from them. And the rest would be Axion, but I'm not too sure about this. I wish they kept the old Luminator Flipdot's, I never saw anything wrong with them that they had a good enough reason to replace them <_< Even when we had our Orion V, they had Axion's put in them in place of the Original Luminator Flipdot's....