BC Transit Fleet/General Notes

• 1 month later...
I noticed Bill putting in EPA 2010 on the 2008 buses; is that actually true? The newest diesel engines right now are the EPA 2007 with DPF or has BC Transit gone ahead testing with tomorrow's engine today?

I haven't heard of any engines except the ISL G being 2010 compliant, but I recently read on BusChat, that the C13 is 2010 compliant so it's possible there are other engines that currently meet 2010.

• 2 weeks later...
The Placard designation for this is H40LFR... This is part of the 20 Hyrdrogen Fuel Cell Buses that BC Transit has ordered. So far, there is no fleet number painted on it.

Lots of sideways seats!

Interesting! But that certainly is not what I thought it was going to look like. Was expecting a completely different livery and those 'frameless' style windows! Still looks neat though!

Are there luggage racks or compartments for people to stow all that stuff? It's a serious safety issue to simply leave all that stuff on the floor for people to trip on. Lots of tripping hazards present. The people you describe would be better served with a highway coach that has luggage compartments along the bottom side of the vehicle.

I was ALSO expecting that the H40LFRs would come in its special livery... (such as the one on the brochure... which can be found on BCTransit website)

I love the seating plan, sideway seats are best when the bus is crowded, less people get to sit down but more people can fit in the bus. Although a luggage rack WOULD be nice.

The Placard designation for this is H40LFR... This is part of the 20 Hyrdrogen Fuel Cell Buses that BC Transit has ordered. So far, there is no fleet number painted on it.

The sideway seating is parallel seating. Also, noticed the fuel tank on the driver side is double the size compare to diesel. It may have to do with the propulsion size for the engine compartment.

Would like to see more shots of the bus. Agree what Pete said, frameless window would look more wicked!

A big bus like that and only 32 seats? Am I counting that right?

36 total, 17 at the higher floor section.

It could be that BC Transit will apply a vinyl wrap later to create a special livery.

It wouldn't look good if/ when these buses are sitting dead on the road, or on the back of a tow truck and advertising that they are these new, expensive hydrogen fuel cells.

Thanks for posting those pics!!!! Hope to ride the bus sometime later next year. More so because I've got a rather big interst in ISE's products, and is partially theirs.

Are there luggage racks or compartments for people to stow all that stuff? It's a serious safety issue to simply leave all that stuff on the floor for people to trip on. Lots of tripping hazards present. The people you describe would be better served with a highway coach that has luggage compartments along the bottom side of the vehicle.

Whistler's been fine without luggage racks inside in the past...

I was ALSO expecting that the H40LFRs would come in its special livery... (such as the one on the brochure... which can be found on BCTransit website)

Do you have a link to this brochure (I'm assuming it's a PDF), or can you post it?

I see that there is a Photoshopped image up (replacing a different one?) of the fuel cell bus in the livery it's in and with regular windows. http://www.transitbc.com/fuelcell/

Do you have a link to this brochure (I'm assuming it's a PDF), or can you post it?

I see that there is a Photoshopped image up (replacing a different one?) of the fuel cell bus in the livery it's in and with regular windows. http://www.transitbc.com/fuelcell/

Although I can't find the brochure anymore (used to be on the BCTransit website), here's what the bus looked like:

EDIT: nevermind, found it: http://www.bctransit.com/fuelcell/download...04_overview.pdf

BCTransit_fuel_cell_bus.JPG

Although I can't find the brochure anymore (used to be on the BCTransit website), here's what the bus looked like:

EDIT: nevermind, found it: http://www.bctransit.com/fuelcell/download...04_overview.pdf

BCTransit_fuel_cell_bus.JPG

There's a far better (bigger) version on ISE's website. I posted the link to it somewhere on this board some time ago.

• 3 weeks later...