BC Transit Fleet/General Notes

Seen a couple of the T-Drive Novas blowing faint black smoke. Now, if memory serves, those buses were delivered with DPF installed, which should preclude that.

Call it pure speculation, but I'd be curious to know if BC Transit would remove these in the interest of fuel economy. Alternatively, what if any maintenance is required by this type of emissions system, and what impact deferred maintenance would have on them.

This past weekend, I noticed that #9837 is at Big Rig Collision in S.E. Calgary. It is already in the newer livery and I am not sure why it is here. I haven't seen a BCT D40LF out here in awhile until now. I believe it is a Kamloops based unit without checking the Wiki page...

9837 is at BRC for corrosion issues.

Yea, 9800's are going in for corrosion remediation. Currently they are cycling through units that need it in Campbell River, Kamloops and possibly also Abbotsford (can't recall for sure on that last one). The Victoria ones are getting done in-house at the VTC bodyshop, one by one.

I passed Nova LFS 9232 eastbound on Highway 1 through Langley this morning. She still had her decals for Kelowna. She was, however; running on a transport permit. Anyone know weather she was heading back to Kelowna or being transfered to another system?

Can anyone clarify me on this, are most of the 2002 Dennis Trident came with rear door slide glide when new? I know some of the refurbished have switched back to rear door plug style with interior redone.

That would make sense about the shuttles, a bunch had been sitting idle near Vanalman in Saanich for the last 90 days - which is when I started working in that area. Seemed like a lot of surplus at the time!

That would make sense about the shuttles, a bunch had been sitting idle near Vanalman in Saanich for the last 90 days - which is when I started working in that area. Seemed like a lot of surplus at the time!

Only saw one Polar - 2128, and it was out on the 64 from Langford Exchange to East Sooke