BC Transit Fleet/General Notes

• 3 weeks later...

9721 and another flyer were on the 15:00 ferry to Victoria from Tsawwassen.

I wonder if those were the same two D40LF's that I spotted yesterday afternoon on the Highway in Chilliwack!? Probably were! I was driving over the highway on the Yale st. Bridge when I spotted them, but I couldn't get the fleet numbers. Both were in the blue and red stripe livery.

Sept 2012 fleet movements posted by Mike Taylor-Noonan to the BCT Yahoo group....

Date:10/02/2012

0013 moved to Castlegar from Kootenay (Trail).

9305 moved to Central Fraser Vly. from Chilliwack.

9908 moved to Comox Valley from Campbell River.

9941 moved to Comox Valley from Castlegar.

8004 moved to Kamloops from Kelowna.

9705 status: to Active ()

9869 moved to Kamloops from Kelowna.

9877 status: to Active ()

9323 status: to Active ()

9326 status: to Active ()

9330 status: to Active ()

9930 moved to Vernon from Castlegar.

9930 status: to Stored(to Vernon)

9101 moved to Victoria from Kelowna.

9103 moved to Victoria from Kelowna.

9396 status: to Stored()

----------------------------------------------------------

Vehicles moved: 9

Vehicles status change: 7

End of report.

• 2 weeks later...

The 15 Vicinity buses are due to arrive next spring, so I thought I'd post what I know about where they will be going:

5 - Victoria (Still awaiting approval by the Victoria Regional Transit Commission)

2 - Penticton (Approved, with option to revisit after 6 months, replaces 2 Novas)

2 - Quesnel (Approved - replacing 2 of their 3 Ford Shuttles, with an Arboc replacing the 3rd)

4 - Dawson Creek (Approved - replacing the 4 Dennis Darts)

2 - Nelson (Unsure if this has been approved or not, replaces 2 Novas)

Total: 15

Not until i read it here did I notice 9721 was gone. Very nice bus.

Attached is proof that 9249 is still in Kelowna. Image taken on Tuesday October 30, 2012.

I will try this time with the image attached.

Oh heck. I give up. LOL. but you get the picture. Just upside down.

9249.JPG

The Next Stop database has many of them, http://www.taylornoo...stop/index.html

Yes that website is very helpful.

Which brings to a question... 5 GM T6H-4523N's that were built in 1976 were assigned to Oakridge Transit Centre as #'s 3512-3516. Rosters show them as being moved to the UPF fleet and they seemed to have all ended up in Prince George. However, does anyone know when that took place!? These buses were serial #'s C375 to C379. ANy help is appreciated.

Edited by BCT-3122-D800-10240

The 15 Vicinity buses are due to arrive next spring, so I thought I'd post what I know about where they will be going:

5 - Victoria (Still awaiting approval by the Victoria Regional Transit Commission)

2 - Penticton (Approved, with option to revisit after 6 months, replaces 2 Novas)

2 - Quesnel (Approved - replacing 2 of their 3 Ford Shuttles, with an Arboc replacing the 3rd)

4 - Dawson Creek (Approved - replacing the 4 Dennis Darts)

2 - Nelson (Unsure if this has been approved or not, replaces 2 Novas)

Total: 15

Are they going to look the same as 7130? Length also the same? Thx

Dropped by Grande West booth at CUTA Trans-Expo last week at Quebec City, being informed that:

--7130 will be returned to Grande West as a demo

--the new 15 buses for BC Transit will be delivered next spring

--they will have the same length, appearance as 7130

--front door will be larger in order to accommodate an easier access for wheelchair

--the chassis will have a higher clearance from the ground comparing to 7130

--they are working closely with BC Transit and see what other features/options to be included in the new buses

--a new demo will be built to market the bus outside of BC, that will arrive with the 15 bus order by BC Transit

Just curious, did a price for these ever get released?

http://www.bctransit..._Comparison.pdf

:)

Darn. I was hoping that people would realize just what a profuse waste of money these things were and not bother with them.

They are definitely getting lots and lots of questions, and rightfully so. I feel that this latest stunt by BCT might have been the last nail in the coffin for these buses in Victoria. The Commission is not impressed. If Victoria rejects them, it will be interesting to see if they find any other takers for the 5.

One of BCT's things for getting Penticton to agree on taking 2 was that other communities would love to have this bus and they would have no problem finding another city to assign them to. And even at that they had to give Penticton Council the option to reject them after 6 months for no cost (ie not having to find someone else to take on the lease contract), something that wasn't originally offered

I've also heard that even though there are 2 wheelchair positions, only one can be used at a time...

There's either a DE40LF at BMT, or a C40LF, I"m not sure which. I didn't get a close enough look at it to see if there were power cables running from the roof hump back. It was completely white, with Alcoa wheels, and no visible fleet numbers. Didn't think to write down the plate number.

If I can figure out how, I"ll post a screen grab from my dashboard cam.