BC Transit Fleet/General Notes

Ok.. I was on the BC Transit website, checking out the "Fleet Roster" section.

Seeing as I was born and raised in Victoria, I have seen most of these buses in person.. But there is one that I did not know they had until I checked out this section.... The "International/El Dorado National Aero Elite" apparently they have 5 in the fleet and were manufactured between 2004-2006. Does anybody know where they're running (I imagine they're in the small communities fleet as I have not seen them in Victoria or Kamloops when I was there in '06) And has anybody managed to snap any pictures of them??

And another question which has been bugging me for some time... Why so few Orion V 05-501s?? I quite liked them.. But of course I was only a kid with a thing for buses.. lol

Any info would be greatly apprecaited.

• Board Admin

I know they had those buses, but they certainly aren't 2004-2006 if they look like the picture. (The pictures aren't accurate for some models, but the International chassis would be of the latest style.)

My thought regarding the price..

A brand new coach would cost (my guesstimate) upwards of $500,000.. Add in all the features, shipping from the UK, shipping across the country.... I could see it reaching close to a million... Then again, maybe the cost they show is for the amount of units they ordered or the value of the unit and not the cost to build?? But don't forget, the deckers are custom built for Victoria... So could that possibly add to the price??

<_< <--------- that's me thinking about it.. lol Hope it doesn't look mean..

My thought regarding the price..

A brand new coach would cost (my guesstimate) upwards of $500,000.. Add in all the features, shipping from the UK, shipping across the country.... I could see it reaching close to a million... Then again, maybe the cost they show is for the amount of units they ordered or the value of the unit and not the cost to build?? But don't forget, the deckers are custom built for Victoria... So could that possibly add to the price??

<_< <--------- that's me thinking about it.. lol Hope it doesn't look mean..

Then why did the Tridents only cost $640 000?? The Enviro500s might be somewhat better than the Tridents, but I don't get why there's a huge gap in the pricing. They both came from UK, right? :lol:

Then why did the Tridents only cost $640 000?? The Enviro500s might be somewhat better than the Tridents, but I don't get why there's a huge gap in the pricing. They both came from UK, right? <_<

Yes, they're from UK, so the cost might be included with the cost for shipping from UK to Canada~~

• 1 month later...

Anyone know haw many Nova LFS's BCT has ordered for small communities this year. Reason I ask is because I passed four of them today. They were all plain white (I'm guessing because they haven't decided on a new BCT livery yet). I passed two on the Coquihalla at Larson Hill both with "VERNON REGIONAL TRANSIT" written along the top. The other two I passed on Highway 1 at MT. Lehman Rd. These two were almost at their destination as they had "VALLEY MAX" written along the top. In case some of you aren't aware, Valley Max is the new name of the Central Fraser Valley Transit System.

Anyone know haw many Nova LFS's BCT has ordered for small communities this year. Reason I ask is because I passed four of them today. They were all plain white (I'm guessing because they haven't decided on a new BCT livery yet). I passed two on the Coquihalla at Larson Hill both with "VERNON REGIONAL TRANSIT" written along the top. The other two I passed on Highway 1 at MT. Lehman Rd. These two were almost at their destination as they had "VALLEY MAX" written along the top. In case some of you aren't aware, Valley Max is the new name of the Central Fraser Valley Transit System.

So Abbotsford is fetting some new Novas, nice.

Then why did the Tridents only cost $640 000?? The Enviro500s might be somewhat better than the Tridents, but I don't get why there's a huge gap in the pricing. They both came from UK, right? :lol:

Do keep the dates of manufacture in mind.

The Tridents were made in 2000, 2002 and Enviro 500 in 2004.

In the last 10 years we've seen a large increase in the price of materials and skilled trades. I would guess that this may have some effect.

Also mentioned previously is the difference in the size of the two orders.

Jeff

So Abbotsford is fetting some new Novas, nice.

I passed four more Nova LFS's on the Coquihalla today. Two more were destined for Abbotsford and two were Kamloops bound. So that makes four for Abbotsford, two for Kamloops, and two for Vernon that I've seen so far. It would be nice to know how many are being delivered and to which systems.

I passed four more Nova LFS's on the Coquihalla today. Two more were destined for Abbotsford and two were Kamloops bound. So that makes four for Abbotsford, two for Kamloops, and two for Vernon that I've seen so far. It would be nice to know how many are being delivered and to which systems.

I would love to know which run is busy enough in Vernon for a Nova.... it's not a very well utilized system.

Nevermind, answered my own question - looks like there will be a service to UBCO:

Proposal E1: Introduction of Service to UBC-Okanagan

Description:

This proposal includes the introduction of a direct service UBCO link to the

Vernon Regional Transit System. Service would comprise of 4 round trips

meeting the most popular UBCO class start/finish times. Two morning and two

afternoon trips would make up the Monday through Friday schedule (an

additional evening trip could be optional).

Service would be operated by a low-floor fully accessible conventional bus,

routing from the Downtown Vernon Transit Exchange via Hwy 97 to UBCO.

Connections with Kelowna Regional Transit could be made at Lake Country and

UBCO exchanges. Schedules would be designed to meet the first morning trip

from Armstrong/Enderby and connect with Vernon Transit buses. A proposed

schedule (including an optional evening trip) is outlined below:

BC Transit Page 19

Where these also "ghosts"?