Megabus US/Canada

aemoreira81

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

Do drivers for Megabus and coach Canada from the same pool? Do they get paid the same?

Yes MegaBus Canada is the same pay scale  as Coach Canada, paid by the run based on distance and time. The runs are picked based on seniority, you can sign a line run or go to the charter board 

MegaBus USA is hourly paid and far less than their Canadian counterparts. When I was there some USA operators were being paid 12.00/hr 

23 hours ago, ZümmyZüm said:

Yes MegaBus Canada is the same pay scale  as Coach Canada, paid by the run based on distance and time. The runs are picked based on seniority, you can sign a line run or go to the charter board 

MegaBus USA is hourly paid and far less than their Canadian counterparts. When I was there some USA operators were being paid 12.00/hr 

I used to work at Coach Canada/Megabus 2 years ago,  and from the interactions I had with the American operators when handing over and taking over the double decker bus in Buffalo, the American operators were definitely underpaid, and worked right into the ground too. Seeing the fatigue they experienced,  it surprised me that they managed to make it to Buffalo without having an accident along the way. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TransitMotorcoach said:

I used to work at Coach Canada/Megabus 2 years ago,  and from the interactions I had with the American operators when handing over and taking over the double decker bus in Buffalo, the American operators were definitely underpaid, and worked right into the ground too. Seeing the fatigue they experienced,  it surprised me that they managed to make it to Buffalo without having an accident along the way. 

Slightly off topic here but we’re they doing teams at the time? as I vividly remember them looking drained as you said but they’d team drive NYC to Buffalo and back and rarely be put up like we were in a hotel. They also weren’t employed by coach USA, they were often a smaller company that bid to get the megabus runs and operate the coaches 

6 hours ago, ZümmyZüm said:

Slightly off topic here but we’re they doing teams at the time? as I vividly remember them looking drained as you said but they’d team drive NYC to Buffalo and back and rarely be put up like we were in a hotel. They also weren’t employed by coach USA, they were often a smaller company that bid to get the megabus runs and operate the coaches 

I do not recall them doing teams. Only one operator for the whole NYC-Buffalo portion.

• Sad 1