• Announcements

• A. Wong

Saddened by loss of Winnipeg Transit driver   02/15/2017

We are saddened by the loss of Winnipeg Transit driver Irvine (Jubal) Fraser who was attacked while on the job and unfortunately passed away.
      A GoFundMe page has been set up by Winnipeg Transit colleagues to help Fraser's widow and family. We wish to extend our condolences to family and friends affected by this tragic event. View CBC News Article: Man charged with murder in attack on Winnipeg Transit driver
    • A. Wong

Upcoming Server Move   02/18/2017

Hello everyone! Please be advised that CPTDB and CPTDB Wiki will be unavailable starting the evening of February 25, 2017. We will be moving to another server. Users will be unable to view or post content during this time. We expect it to be up sometime on Feburary 26, 2017. A new announcement will take the place of this one, so you will know when the site is online and you are accessing it from the new server. Thanks! -A. Wong
      on behalf of CPTDB Admin
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aemoreira81

Megabus US/Canada

434 posts in this topic

I spotted one of the new blue DD's passing westbound on I-690 in Syracuse at 7:45 this morning.

A shot or two of the Van Hool Double Deckers and a quick comparison of height taken recently of the Mega Bus units at Coach Canada's yard.These are units delivered to Coach Canada and are not in Mega Bus or Coach Canada livery yet, straight from the manufactuerer. Enjoy.

The height difference is less than a foot. I didnt know it was that small. Are the prevosts taller than the MCI's?

The H3-45 is taller than the MCIs I believe.

A shot or two of the Van Hool Double Deckers and a quick comparison of height taken recently of the Mega Bus units at Coach Canada's yard.These are units delivered to Coach Canada and are not in Mega Bus or Coach Canada livery yet, straight from the manufactuerer. Enjoy.

They've started to be decalled as megabus.

Uwe

Although I forgot the number, I did see a DD along the Gardiner and it took the York, Bay and Yonge exit after 11 Sunday night.

They've started to be decalled as megabus.

Uwe

Already one of them had decalled, fleet # is 41XX something, can't remember.

My mom reported riding a Double Decker on the Toronto-Kingston-Montreal route.

Here is a picture of a Double Decker coach in Center City Philadelphia, PA

jun12th2009010.jpg

My mom reported riding a Double Decker on the Toronto-Kingston-Montreal route.

They seem to be on the road now. DD45240 was operating the 1330 to Montreal with 53474 as a second section today.

Good thing they are there for added capacity as Via strikes.

Uwe

There was a DD on display to drivers at Kingston Terminal on July17th and one hanging around the Coach Canada yard yesterday in Montreal.

most of them are up and running along the QEW and 401 corridors

most of them are along the 401 / QEW corridors now

You said that already! :P

So this means Niagara/Cambridge-Hamilton/TO-KING-MTL?

You said that already! :angry:

So this means Niagara/Cambridge-Hamilton/TO-KING-MTL?

They've been running TO-Niagara-Buffalo-NY for a while now, so nothing new. DDs on TO-MTL most likely due to the VIA strike.

Seriously doubt they will make it to the runs out of Hamilton.

Uwe

very soon u will see the D/D Megabuses on the Toronto-Kingston-Montreal route......

According to their website, there is not yet service to Montreal, but according to my eyes, there was a Megabus (DD42451) sitting at Montreal Central Station today:

DSCN0071.jpgDSCN0074.jpg

DSCN0073.jpg

Although while I was there, someone got in and drove it away, without any passengers on-board! Does anyone know why this could be, where it was going, and when we'll be able to book tickets on it?

According to their website, there is not yet service to Montreal, but according to my eyes, there was a Megabus (DD42451) sitting at Montreal Central Station today:

DSCN0071.jpgDSCN0074.jpg

DSCN0073.jpg

Although while I was there, someone got in and drove it away, without any passengers on-board! Does anyone know why this could be, where it was going, and when we'll be able to book tickets on it?

Back to the garage for servicing before its next assignment?

The buses were signed up Coach Canada and ran the Toronto-Montreal schedule. Look at the legals on the bottom of the bus, all the ones with Ontario plates are registered to Trentway-Wagar Inc, just like the Coach Canada buses.

You can book tickets on it at http://sales2.coachcanada.com/, just not via the megabus website.

Uwe

Does anyone know the fleet number range on these Megabus Canada Van Hools? I would like to add it to our wiki.

Also are all the Toronto-Kingston-Montreal runs or just selected ones now officially Megabus?

Spotted one in Kingston at about 3:45am the other night, Driver posed the bus too !!! It was signed up "Coach Canada" so I can only assume they are running regular service to "Advertise" Megabus before its official launch.

Spotted one in Kingston at about 3:45am the other night, Driver posed the bus too !!! It was signed up "Coach Canada" so I can only assume they are running regular service to "Advertise" Megabus before its official launch.

i was advised by my contact that the megabus will be launched next Wed @ city hall TO

Looks like these Canadian Megabus coaches may see use on the Toronto to New York route as well.

They've been running TO-Niagara-Buffalo-NY for a while now, so nothing new. DDs on TO-MTL most likely due to the VIA strike.

Seriously doubt they will make it to the runs out of Hamilton.

Uwe

Niagara stop has been dropped by Megabus , Only Coach Canada is still serving Niagara