Megabus US/Canada

aemoreira81

A shot or two of the Van Hool Double Deckers and a quick comparison of height taken recently of the Mega Bus units at Coach Canada's yard.These are units delivered to Coach Canada and are not in Mega Bus or Coach Canada livery yet, straight from the manufactuerer. Enjoy.

The height difference is less than a foot. I didnt know it was that small. Are the prevosts taller than the MCI's?

A shot or two of the Van Hool Double Deckers and a quick comparison of height taken recently of the Mega Bus units at Coach Canada's yard.These are units delivered to Coach Canada and are not in Mega Bus or Coach Canada livery yet, straight from the manufactuerer. Enjoy.

They've started to be decalled as megabus.

Uwe

My mom reported riding a Double Decker on the Toronto-Kingston-Montreal route.

They seem to be on the road now. DD45240 was operating the 1330 to Montreal with 53474 as a second section today.

Good thing they are there for added capacity as Via strikes.

Uwe

You said that already! :angry:

So this means Niagara/Cambridge-Hamilton/TO-KING-MTL?

They've been running TO-Niagara-Buffalo-NY for a while now, so nothing new. DDs on TO-MTL most likely due to the VIA strike.

Seriously doubt they will make it to the runs out of Hamilton.

Uwe

very soon u will see the D/D Megabuses on the Toronto-Kingston-Montreal route......

According to their website, there is not yet service to Montreal, but according to my eyes, there was a Megabus (DD42451) sitting at Montreal Central Station today:

DSCN0071.jpgDSCN0074.jpg

DSCN0073.jpg

Although while I was there, someone got in and drove it away, without any passengers on-board! Does anyone know why this could be, where it was going, and when we'll be able to book tickets on it?

According to their website, there is not yet service to Montreal, but according to my eyes, there was a Megabus (DD42451) sitting at Montreal Central Station today:

DSCN0071.jpgDSCN0074.jpg

DSCN0073.jpg

Although while I was there, someone got in and drove it away, without any passengers on-board! Does anyone know why this could be, where it was going, and when we'll be able to book tickets on it?

Back to the garage for servicing before its next assignment?

The buses were signed up Coach Canada and ran the Toronto-Montreal schedule. Look at the legals on the bottom of the bus, all the ones with Ontario plates are registered to Trentway-Wagar Inc, just like the Coach Canada buses.

You can book tickets on it at http://sales2.coachcanada.com/, just not via the megabus website.

Uwe

Does anyone know the fleet number range on these Megabus Canada Van Hools? I would like to add it to our wiki.

Also are all the Toronto-Kingston-Montreal runs or just selected ones now officially Megabus?

They've been running TO-Niagara-Buffalo-NY for a while now, so nothing new. DDs on TO-MTL most likely due to the VIA strike.

Seriously doubt they will make it to the runs out of Hamilton.

Uwe

Niagara stop has been dropped by Megabus , Only Coach Canada is still serving Niagara