Megabus US/Canada

aemoreira81

Good news, hope to see these deckers running in September...

So these buses are base in NYC as well?

NYC is the hub city...and all of the double deckers for the Northeast (9 in all so far) are based out of Elizabeth, NJ, about 30 minutes away from midtown Manhattan).

On the Yahoo! Megabus boards, it was posted that Trentway-Wagar may soon receive a double-decker for training, which means that they could be used on the NYC-Toronto line before the year is out.

And guess what I spotted at the Argos game at Rogers Centre tonight!?!

DD0028 (I think) Turning from Spadina onto Bremmner signed up for M24!!!

SHES HERE!!!

(sorry... no pics.... I was kicking out a drunk at the time!)

DD028 and DD031 this afternoon in Mississauga, along with 58539, just because it was there. :lol:

120px-Megabus_DD028-a.JPG 120px-Megabus_DD031-a.JPG 120px-Megabus_58539-a.JPG

Interestingly, DD028 has a New Jersey plate, while DD031 and 58539 are Illinois Apportioned. DD028 was in the Trentway-Wagar lot and the other two were across the street.

DD028 and DD031 this afternoon in Mississauga, along with 58539, just because it was there. :lol:

(Images removed in the quoting)

Interestingly, DD028 has a New Jersey plate, while DD031 and 58539 are Illinois Apportioned. DD028 was in the Trentway-Wagar lot and the other two were across the street.

DD028 may have its ILLINOIS apportioned plate applied whenever it returns to Elizabeth. (I have shot that bus, as well as 58539, down in NYC.)

I also saw DD031 on Saturday. Some interior shots are attached. Note that it has two stairwells and a total of 81 seats.

It is a very sharp looking bus but the lack of luggage space (no overhead racks and small compartments at the rear of the bus) might end up being a problem. The interior height might also be a problem for tall people. I am only 5'6" so I did not even have to bend down while taking the attached shots.

Kevin

Megabus_DD031___Drivers_Seat___02AUG08.jpg

Megabus_DD031___Lower_Interior___02AUG08.jpg

Megabus_DD031___Upper_Interior___B_to_F___02AUG08.jpg

Megabus_DD031___Upper_Interior_F_to_B___02AUG08.jpg

Weird. So much for my thoughts of it being wheelchair accessible.

http://www.abc-companies.com/models/td925_specs.asp

Comparing the height of the VanHool TD925, GO Transit would have no problem bypassing through the low ceiling height just a bit more places if they ever get one of the those.

Saw it as it was heading back to NYC on QEW Niagara, signed up M24 New York.

I also saw DD031 on Saturday. Some interior shots are attached. Note that it has two stairwells and a total of 81 seats.

It is a very sharp looking bus but the lack of luggage space (no overhead racks and small compartments at the rear of the bus) might end up being a problem. The interior height might also be a problem for tall people. I am only 5'6" so I did not even have to bend down while taking the attached shots.

Kevin

Are we talk about the height on both lower and upper decker? This may be the reason why it can go through the underpass much easier.

The hieght of the TD925 is a bit shorter than GO's E500s.

The TD925 is a smidgen over 13'1". The GO Enviro 500s are 14'.

Also, all of Megabus' TD925s are fully accessible. Look at the picture of DD026 below:

th_DD026-D.jpg.

There is a second door just before the luggage compartment, and in that door is a wheelchair ramp that can flip out.

Nice photos of the Megabus double deckers y'all. :P

I'll await the "are you nuts?!" stuff laterz but about trying to get top photos of that beast..................... :P:P:P:P:P

If you buy me a hotel room in Mississauga there, I could get those pictures! :P:lol:

• 1 month later...
I am about to book Megabus to and from New York and Toronto for this coming wednesday night, does anyone know which particular services is operated by the deckers?

The services to the bus terminal will not be operated by double deckers as they will not fit, you would have a good chance of getting one from the Royal York hotel.

The services to the bus terminal will not be operated by double deckers as they will not fit, you would have a good chance of getting one from the Royal York hotel.

The services out of the terminal are an interline with Shortline, with Shortline equipment, and are seperate from the Megabus operation.

As indicated, the Megabus schedules are out of the Royal York. Scheduling of DDs seems to be on high demand days.

Uwe

• 3 months later...
They are already here in Canada already, I saw two of them in a mini-convoy going along the Hamilton Skybridge on the QEW going eastbound as M24 - Toronto.

I took pictures with my cellphone camera and tried to make them bright as possible, because it was night and it was overcast.

Do they fit under the bridge at front street?

Do they fit under the bridge at front street?
Easy answer, if a semi-truck with a enclosed goods trailer (I think that is what it's called) can fit under it, so can a double decker. Well this is the case with the Enviro 500.

Btw I just love how double deckers are starting to really catch on in North America.

• 1 month later...

No, seating is first come first serve.

Just got back from NYC and took Megabus. Nice trip overall. The Van Hools are very comfortable. On the way back, we had DD065. Interestingly enough, it had a glass ceiling on the upper deck. The views out of Manhattan were quite nice because of it.

-Matt