Megabus US/Canada

aemoreira81

Great shots! How far does $1 take you, to the next stop? :)

How do you tell which company owns the bus?

Vamoose has some nice VanHools!

I just looked at their site... I can get a free ticket for tomorrow night from Boston-New York. Also, if you buy a ticket now for November, it's $1. The farther ahead you buy, the cheaper it is.

Did heard that there's a Megabus service available between Toronto-NYC for anyone who can't afford Dogpound.

There is also a competing service from Greyhound and Trailways of New York...called NeOn, operating between Royal York Hotel and the New Yorker Hotel (one block away from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden).

Also, double deckers should be in by the end of the month. As for those considering traveling to NYC for the roadeo, you also have a choice...NeOn, which probably has seats, and Megabus, which is less likely.

Great shots! How far does $1 take you, to the next stop? :)

How do you tell which company owns the bus?

Vamoose has some nice VanHools!

Coach USA owns all of the buses...the operator name is on the bottom skirt (and is also listed in the gallery for each bus). Gold Line is Martz Trailways-Gray Line DC, 76 Carriage is Philadelphia Trolley Works, DATTCO is the name of the third, and Megabus Northeast LLC is Coach USA Olympia Trails in Elizabeth, NJ.

Unlike BoltBus, there are no special uniforms for the drivers...only the uniform of the operator.

There is also a competing service from Greyhound and Trailways of New York...called NeOn, operating between Royal York Hotel and the New Yorker Hotel (one block away from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden).

Also, double deckers should be in by the end of the month. As for those considering traveling to NYC for the roadeo, you also have a choice...NeOn, which probably has seats, and Megabus, which is less likely.

Coach USA owns all of the buses...the operator name is on the bottom skirt (and is also listed in the gallery for each bus). Gold Line is Martz Trailways-Gray Line DC, 76 Carriage is Philadelphia Trolley Works, DATTCO is the name of the third, and Megabus Northeast LLC is Coach USA Olympia Trails in Elizabeth, NJ.

Unlike BoltBus, there are no special uniforms for the drivers...only the uniform of the operator.

Hope Megabus will use the Van Hool Double deckers on the toronto runs.

How many Van Hools did they ordered?

Hope Megabus will use the Van Hool Double deckers on the toronto runs.

The additional order for the Van Hool doublers was made by Coach USA, since the megabus service is jointly operated by Coach USA and Coach Canada, the chances of seeing a Van Hool double decker in Toronto is low because Coach Canada provides the buses for the trips within Ontario. The closest place we can probably get to see these double deckers will be in Buffalo where the transfers from Coach Canada to Coach USA buses take place.

Here is a photo of one their Van Hools

double_decker_front.jpg

From the Megabus website

The additional order for the Van Hool doublers was made by Coach USA, since the megabus service is jointly operated by Coach USA and Coach Canada, the chances of seeing a Van Hool double decker in Toronto is low because Coach Canada provides the buses for the trips within Ontario. The closest place we can probably get to see these double deckers will be in Buffalo where the transfers from Coach Canada to Coach USA buses take place.

Here is a photo of one their Van Hools

double_decker_front.jpg

From the Megabus website

Thanks, thats very interesting, I am planning to ride Megabus from Toronton to New York, now I am understood I have to transfere to a Coach USA bus after I have cross the boarder...

Thanks, thats very interesting, I am planning to ride Megabus from Toronton to New York, now I am understood I have to transfere to a Coach USA bus after I have cross the boarder...

Wait a minute---it isn't just a change of drivers in Buffalo? I ask because Greyhound Canada doesn't make you change buses on the competing NeOn service (stop in Buffalo is only for a driver change).

Wait a minute---it isn't just a change of drivers in Buffalo? I ask because Greyhound Canada doesn't make you change buses on the competing NeOn service (stop in Buffalo is only for a driver change).

I haven't seen any Megabus up here in the morning or the evening. However I will check on this sometime later on this week, before or after work since I work downtown.

I haven't seen any Megabus up here in the morning or the evening. However I will check on this sometime later on this week, before or after work since I work downtown.

The Megabus departure is at 9 AM and 9 PM from Royal York.

The Megabus departure is at 9 AM and 9 PM from Royal York.

Well... turns out I was wrong. They use Coach USA coaches (DATTCO most likely) to operate the Megabus Service to/from Toronto. I spotted this one yesterday evening loading on York Street just outside the Royal York Hotel.

coachusa58524closedside.jpg

coachusa58524openside.jpg

coachusa58524rear.jpg

Megabus left on-time right at 21:00.

Actually, 58524 is marked for Megabus Northeast LLC in Elizabeth, NJ, aka Olympia Trails (where Coach USA operates other routes and transit services serving Essex and Hudson Counties in New Jersey (Also based out of the facility are Red & Tan in Hudson County, which uses mostly Stagecoach UK Bus branding (2 routes, soon to be 1), a few NJ Transit Blue-Birds, and 24 Orion 7s for Newark Airport shuttles, Olympia Trails, which has two routes (NY-Newark Airport and NY-Plainfield), and Orange Newark Elizabeth Bus, 3 routes). I would also presume that Trentway-Wagar may pull into Olympia Trails to lay over in the greater NYC area if not at Greyhound (I have shot Trentway-Wagar 83918 just north of it at Jersey Gardens.)

58525, which I have shot, has the exact same markings on it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On the Yahoo! Megabus boards, it was posted that Trentway-Wagar may soon receive a double-decker for training, which means that they could be used on the NYC-Toronto line before the year is out. Would they need special approval from the MTO?

On the Yahoo! Megabus boards, it was posted that Trentway-Wagar may soon receive a double-decker for training, which means that they could be used on the NYC-Toronto line before the year is out. Would they need special approval from the MTO?

MTO, yes cause they need to know where does the bus go. There are few underpass road in downtown are not allow to go.

Those VanHool Double decker will have to be outside from the Toronto Bus Terminal cause there's no height space.

MTO, yes cause they need to know where does the bus go. There are few underpass road in downtown are not allow to go.

Those VanHool Double decker will have to be outside from the Toronto Bus Terminal cause there's no height space.

Megabus doesn't go to the bus terminal... (IIRC) just to Royal York Hotel.

They can bypass the underpasses around Union Station, by using Spadina, Front, and looping around the hotel.....

Megabus doesn't go to the bus terminal... (IIRC) just to Royal York Hotel.

They can bypass the underpasses around Union Station, by using Spadina, Front, and looping around the hotel.....

Actually, Megabus does sell tickets on a twice-a-day service from the Coach Terminal to PABT.