8 hours ago, TTC 7300 series said:

I know I’ve been before I was just really hoping for one last high floor ride 

You'll have to go all the way to Sarnia for that.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2018 at 9:24 AM, 2822 said:

When are the next new buses arriving for Niagara falls?.

The 2018 order already came in long ago. The 2019 order will come later on.

Wed, Feb 6, 2019 8:45 AM

WEGO Blue/Green Line Service - Suspended Until Further Notice

Due to the ongoing freezing rain weather event, and the closure of the Table Rock Welcome Centre, WEGO Blue service has been suspended until further notice.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

UPDATE 9:10 AM: At this time, WEGO Blue Line and Green Line service have been suspended, Red Line service will remain but may be reduced along sections of the route in the tourist core (Murray Hill/ Clifton Hill areas).

NFT's Regional units 1935-1936 arrived in Niagara Falls as of yesterday.

• Thanks 1

2982 is now the only active Eldorado unit left. 84 was the first to go with a cracked frame, 83 and 85 are now retired.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

https://niagarafalls.ca/covid19/frequently-asked-questions.aspx

Niagara Falls Transit is committed to keeping its customers and staff safe.  Enhanced cleaning procedures are being implemented for transit.

The following reduction in Niagara Falls Transit service must be undertaken due to an impending lack of manpower and in the best interest of operations and public safety:

• Effective Thursday, March 19, Niagara Falls Transit will¬†remove All¬†City¬†PEAK¬†(30 minute service during AM and PM periods)¬†service on regular routes 101-114.
  • Effective Sunday, March 22:
    • Niagara Falls Transit will be reducing weekday service to a Sunday schedule, operating hourly, 7am to 9pm¬†until further notice.
    • WEGO will be providing¬†WINTER level¬†service, operating the Red Line from 7am - 11pm, and the Blue Line from 9:30 am to 9:00 pm until further notice. Due to the current situation with regards to COVID-19 ‚Äď some services on our WEGO transportation system have been cancelled or reduced. Please see the WEGO Route Schedule (PDF)¬†for our Red and Blue lines effective Sunday, March 22, 2020. At this time the Green line service is not available.
    • Chair-A-Van will be providing trips on a reduced schedule to currently registered riders only. Please call¬†St. John's Ambulance at 905-357-0122¬†for more information about how this affects you.

• Visit the Transit Routes page¬†for information on Sunday and Winter WEGO (PDF) schedules.

What is Niagara Falls Transit Services doing to protect Operators and riders?

• Effective March 17, to exercise safe social distancing between the Operator and Passengers (as a precautionary measure against COVID-19), the seat immediately behind the operator on buses that have these seats will be blocked off from Passenger‚Äôs use with signage and tape. Further there will be signs posted on fareboxes asking riders that are showing symptoms or who meet travel ban criteria to not board our vehicles at this time.
  • We use industry standard products to disinfect and sanitize our fleet on a regular maintenance schedule. We are in the process of starting additional cleaning with sanitizing crews immediately. Fleet will be coordinating the application of a microbial shield onboard our entire fleet with a contracted provider shortly (this includes our staff fleet of shuttles/ trucks etc).
  • Touchpoints at transit facilities are undergoing more frequent cleaning and sanitation.
  • Like 1

I don't know how uncommon this sight is but today I saw WEGO 5304 on route 104. It was an extra with the sign saying "EXTRA EXTRA". The bus I was on was also the 104 and when both buses arrived at the NF Bus Terminal, 5304 went out of service.

20200801_160620.jpg

• Like 3