Niagara Falls Transit

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Will they keep 1 or 2 Orions for Historic or will they all be scraped? And those LFX's will last more than 20 years since they are only brought out after the winter time.

Although it would be nice for one to be saved I doubt that the transit agencies would do it as it costs money they probably dont have.

i have been told about the LFX order that will replace the Orion IV's.

Uh, yes....

Will they keep 1 or 2 Orions for Historic or will they all be scraped? And those LFX's will last more than 20 years since they are only brought out after the winter time.

They will be keeping a couple of them, those Orion IV are not made for winter use due to no heat build in the vehicle.

The LFX are in possible plans for charter use and not just for Falls route. IIRC, it will be possible running in winter.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't believe that 35, 36 or 37 are officially retired. 35 and 36 have expired MTO Stickers and are out back pending their inspections. 37 has a problem with with the back door and is awaiting repair. The main reason they are parked in the "dead zone' is to make room inside for the more frequently used busses primarly the Orion 7's that do not start well if they are parked out side in the winter. Honestly weither any of the Classics will be used again may be doubtful, but as of right now 35, 36, and 37 are still not offically retired. On the other hand old 72 is retired and her licence plates have been removed.

I remember the supervisor at the garage when we were there for the charter in August mentioned that they couldn't get the other Classics (35 & 36) started that day. I also recall an Orion V (2063 IIRC) was parked out back that day. Any word on if its back in service?

I remember the supervisor at the garage when we were there for the charter in August mentioned that they couldn't get the other Classics (35 & 36) started that day. I also recall an Orion V (2063 IIRC) was parked out back that day. Any word on if its back in service?

yeah, 2063 returned to service a couple months ago. last i saw, it was on the 22 Fort Erie Link and then was parked at the garage

the new people mover system will be split between NFT and the Parks Commission- NFT will operate the Blue and Red Lines and the NPC will operate the Green Line along the Niagara Parkway. The existing Orion units with the NPC will I assume be retired by the end of the year

• 2 weeks later...

Did Niagara Falls order Nova Artics? Just saw a pic of one road testing in Laval, Qc. It's still all white but it looks like a hybrid as it has the roof profile kit the whole length of the bus.

Yes along with the Niagara Parks Commission. They will be getting clean diesel 40-foot LFS and 62-foot LFX buses for the People Mover.

Yes along with the Niagara Parks Commission. They will be getting clean diesel 40-foot LFS and 62-foot LFX buses for the People Mover.

Must be an LFX then that I saw pics of.

link to pic pls!

The pic was sent via email and I can't post it without permission.

I have to wonder how much longer the orion V's will be kept for in Niagara falls since there usually just used on the Falls shuttle and college runs. They could probably just use the LFS/VIIs on the college routes anyway.