Niagara Falls Transit

BCT-3122-D800-10240

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

KD,

From what I can see, route 104 operates from the bus terminal (across the street) to within a couple blocks (down Clifton Hill) to the Falls.

The Green line also serves the River Road area (a couple short blocks), and meets the other operating WeGo buses at Table Rock.

Unfortunately, you'll have to walk a short distance either way, hope it's not with luggage!

--- Darrin

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

3 more Novas are now on order for 4Q 2016 delivery, they will be replacing 3 of the 4 remaining Orion V units; also starting on page 7 of the council agenda for Feb. 9th it lists the proposed service improvements for NFT, starting with a one-year pilot project to have the Green Line directly service the bus terminal both NB and SB, and to integrate the Purple Line with route 104 and use the artics on that. The Red Line is proposed to be beefed up to 15-minute frequencies from 9am-12pm and 4-7pm during the peak summer period and the fall/winter/spring will now have 30-minute service on Sundays and Holidays and will run 30 minute service until 11:00pm. Also pending is the introduction of 30-minute service on routes 203 and 206 Monday-Saturday evenings and Sunday/Holiday service.

After watching the council meeting I highly doubt this particular refinement will go through. The ATU President addressed council as to this and they are deadset against this( as they should be) due to concerns such as clearance for the artics on certain streets and the 15-minute run times to and from Main&Ferry and the Bus Terminal.

• 9 months later...

1603 entered service today as the Fort Erie Link. 1601 also entered service doing the 21 and then the 20 Glendale Campus Express. This order is the exact same as the 2013's, except for the Luminator white LED signs.

IMG_4189.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Railfanmatt4 said:

Im being haunted by 1601... Help me...

My closest Terminal. (Either then the Square) at the Old Target/Walmart 

^82376CDDA74FD1F48E86085CB6E86D1608CCF04ADF75748D10^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

^187497893AA7C99580A98FCE33C480B40901C34460979B2674^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

^88B37CAE04FC63D85CECB9BB6AA9D7EE2C2764100287DDC376^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Is it that bad to be "haunted" by a brand new bus? lol

Nice pictures, I've always been fond of the Waterfall livery.

• 4 weeks later...

Not as much discussion for this thread, but I feel that it should restarted with this topic.

Considering what the TTC is now facing with the eventual retirements of their Orion VII S50EGR buses to where they first thought they would last 18 years but are retiring early due to EPA regulations. Considering that NFT has about 10, is it of these simlar buses, would this accelerate the plans of replacing them in the next few years? Or, if their capital budget doesn't have the amount of $$'s to replace them in time, would even an engine retrofit, which would still costs a fair bit of money be another option?