Niagara Falls Transit

BCT-3122-D800-10240

This is not Niagara Transit, but instead Niagara Parks Commission. There was no thread for the NPC so I figured this would be the best place to post this. The totally rebuilt Niagara Incline is almost ready to open. New accessible flat floor cars have been delivered, versus the sloped seating cars previously used. The new line, which will operate year round was scheduled to open today but is a little behind in schedule. I am not sure when the opening date is now. They are nice looking cars though so it will be interesting seeing this in operation.

IMG_9824.jpg

This is not Niagara Transit, but instead Niagara Parks Commission. There was no thread for the NPC so I figured this would be the best place to post this. The totally rebuilt Niagara Incline is almost ready to open. New accessible flat floor cars have been delivered, versus the sloped seating cars previously used. The new line, which will operate year round was scheduled to open today but is a little behind in schedule. I am not sure when the opening date is now. They are nice looking cars though so it will be interesting seeing this in operation.

When I was down in June they had just finished one side and were almost ready to work on the other side. Next time I go I will defiantly check it out

• 2 weeks later...

Niagara Falls has put a tender to refurbish up to 7 of their Orion VII buses. http://www.niagarafalls.ca/pdf/tenders/1349/specifications.pdf and http://www.niagarafalls.ca/pdf/tenders/1349/detailed-pricing-sheets-2-.pdf

Further information can be found at http://www.niagarafalls.ca/city-hall/clerks/tenders/default.aspx and clicking on RFP53-2013.

• 2 weeks later...

just a heads up, there's a major across-the-board route system change coming in January, not much is known at this point, but the presentation to NF city council will be(tentatively) October 8th, and the agenda should be online the Thursday afternoon/evening beforehand, and the route maps themselves should be out mid-late November. And we're still waiting on Clever Devices to do their work on 1396-1397.

well, I managed to catch 1397 on the 19 Brock Rapid today, while it was a smooth ride, it was uncomfortable due to the a/c not being turned on until after getting out of the Thorold tunnel. It definitely has the same seating layout as the WEGO 40-foot units, with 37 seats. The farebox was also not functioning right as I paid the $3.50 and it only read $1.50 was paid. BTW, they definitely do have the Cummins ISL9 and Voith D864.5 tranny.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

most if not all of the new routes will be interlined at either Main& Ferry, Niagara Square , Target Plaza or Mount Carmel Centre. Also the Red Line is tentatively scheduled to start at 6:30 am during the week and run on a 30-minute frequency during the day. More to come...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got the new 2014 Rider's Guide in the mail today.

New routes will be running between these main hubs; Target Plaza, Main/Ferry, Niagara Square

"O" for outbound, "I" for inbound

101 Dunn Street - Niagara Square (O) and Main/Ferry (I)

102 Hospital - Main/Ferry (O) and Bridge Street (I). Will no longer go to the Target Plaza.

103 Drummond Road - Niagara Square (O) and Main/Ferry (I)

104 Victoria Avenue - Bridge Street (O) and Main/Ferry (I)

105 Kalar Road - Mount Carmel Plaza (O) and Niagara Square (I)

106 Ailanthus Avenue - Chippawa (O) and Main/Ferry (I). Interlines into the 107.

107 Crosstown route, runs between Town & Country Plaza/Church's Lane (O) and Main/Ferry (I). Interlines into the 106.

108 Thorold Stone Road - Bridge Street (O) and Target Plaza (I)

109 Thorold Stone Road - Mount Carmel Plaza (O) and Target Plaza (I)

110 Drummond Road - Target Plaza (O) and Main/Ferry (I)

111 Dorchester Road - Niagara Square (O) and Target Plaza (I).

112 McLeod Road - Chippawa (O) and Niagara Square (I). Pretty much the same as the 15 Chippawa South

113 Montrose Road - Mount Carmel Plaza (O) and Niagara Square (I)

114 Riall Street - Town & Country Plaza/Riall Street (O) and Target Plaza (I)

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure they went for scrap

I was hoping one or two still existed.

I am on the WEGO bus stalking site and right now 5302 is on the Blue, 5305 is on the Red, and 9010 & 9011 are on the Green. Are the 40 footers used strictly for the winter season??