Niagara Falls Transit

BCT-3122-D800-10240

No, the only reason they leased in the past was to operate the Falls Shuttle routes. Now with WEGO operating the service, NFT has plenty of equipment and possibly even too much.

Makes sense. Thanks! And to be honest i think they have too many. the NPC side only uses a few out of the handful they have

The fleet numbers are 2396 and 2397.

Actually, the fleet numbers are 1396 and 1397. I am not sure why NFT decided to change from the 2000 series but at least now they will be numbered by year. Bus 1397 has actually been delivered so I would assume that 1396 is there as well. The buses still have to be wrapped in the NFT scheme so it will probably be a little while before they enter service.

I was at NFT several hours ago and they're still waiting on 1396.....several other features on these buses are rear destination signs and new-style front doors( same as on the WEGO Novas). Mechanic said it will be at least 3 weeks before they enter service(they also need the Clever equipment).

This may sound like a dumb question. Do all of NFT's active roster have the Clever Devices installed? I know the Regional units do.

the Orion V's don't, since they're not likely to see city service ever again( NFT is going 100% accessible in September)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

both buses decaled and in rear yard, 1397 just awaiting radio and Clever, 1396 still needs farebox and the other stuff. Surprised that these buses have frameless windows.

yeah, I saw them when I dropped by today.

That is correct as seen in the attached photo. They do look sharper with the white skirt as opposed to the grey, in my opinion.

I agree, wonder if NFT will repaint their 2009 Novas like that at some point.....

That is correct as seen in the attached photo. They do look sharper with the white skirt as opposed to the grey, in my opinion.

agree looking much better and cleaner without the grey skirt, love the fact that they don't have tip in side windows as well!! thanx for sharing the picture~~

agree looking much better and cleaner without the grey skirt, love the fact that they don't have tip in side windows as well!! thanx for sharing the picture~~

They must feel confident about the A/C.

They must feel confident about the A/C.

GRT has the same system as well, the new Novas don't have tip-in windows. In fact, all buses have their tip-ins bolted now. The rule there is "if A/C doesn't work, it doesn't go out, and if it breaks down halfway, immediate change off".

GRT has the same system as well, the new Novas don't have tip-in windows. In fact, all buses have their tip-ins bolted now. The rule there is "if A/C doesn't work, it doesn't go out, and if it breaks down halfway, immediate change off".

You also have people want to waste resources by opening the windows while the HVAC is on and people throwing stuff outside too!