Niagara Falls Transit

BCT-3122-D800-10240

*Newsflash: You can buy Niagara Falls Transit daypasses from the wicket at the bus terminal. Did not know that.

Just got a lot more details of service preparations (leasing St. Catharines buses for the Shuttle, new pass vending machines on/near the VIA platform for exiting GO riders...) and hope to post them soon.

-ed

I heard from the operations manager at NT that they are trying to convince GO Transit toallow them on the trains to sell day passes so people have them before getting to city buses so like 300 people dont try to buy them from the driver all at once...which i think would make sense

leasing St.Catharines buses eh? any more info on that?

I'd have to check my notes for more exact details, but NFT plans to augment the Green and Blue Falls Shuttle lines with leased buses from St. C. -- to be decaled over with Niagara Falls markings, I understand.

I'd have to check my notes for more exact details, but NFT plans to augment the Green and Blue Falls Shuttle lines with leased buses from St. C. -- to be decaled over with Niagara Falls markings, I understand.

please take some D40LF's!! haha wishful thinking lol they will most likely take our retired classics/orion v's

So what is parked out back of the St.Catharines Transit garage these days?

Besides I don't think it would be these, more likely buses that St.Catharines can spare until the return of the students in September.

8842,8843,8844,8845,8848,8849,9052,9053,9263.. they have recently moved 9160 with the bunch i don't know if this is a retirement or just awaiting parts

they have also parked 9264,9157,9158,9054 in a row at the other side of the garage maybe just to create more room in the garage

8842,8843,8844,8845,8848,8849,9052,9053,9263.. they have recently moved 9160 with the bunch i don't know if this is a retirement or just awaiting parts

they have also parked 9264,9157,9158,9054 in a row at the other side of the garage maybe just to create more room in the garage

I don't why Niagara didn't purchase some of these instead of the ex Utah 83 and 84 Classics.

I don't why Niagara didn't purchase some of these instead of the ex Utah 83 and 84 Classics.

they weren't availiable last year.. 8846 was out there when they bought 8381 and 8479.. but it was all torn up as a parts bus

they could have got the 87 orion's i don't really know the motive behind them getting 8381 and 8479.. they got them in april i believe

and in september 8849 and 8848 became availiable, bad communication it would seem. unless someone knows better

• 2 weeks later...
please take some D40LF's!! haha wishful thinking lol they will most likely take our retired classics/orion v's

No, your wishes didn't happen. Here's the posted I've made earlier: http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?s=&showt...st&p=297078

Now 2062 and 63 are the only Orion buses were purchased with no a/c, but during the charter we saw as one of them have a/c. Now I found out that 2062 had retrofitted with a/c sometimes in a year or two and my guess that it had to send back to Orion, to retrofitted with a/c panel. Unfortunately one of the driver told me the a/c isn't working.

Rode 3 of 4 Eldorado EZ-Rider Max. Interesting, they have an LED interior lights and "Stop Requested" lit-up LED backlit as well!

Apparently, due to the GO train weekend service to the Falls, Niagara Transit has leased some St Catharines Transit buses for the Falls Shuttle service to handle the loads. SCT 9156, 9159, 9265, 9986, 9988 were all spotted in service on the Falls shuttle with Niagara Transit logos on them, but still in St Catharines paint.

I am heading to the Fall this Saturday so I will try to see if I can get shots of the leased SCT buses.

Kevin

Apparently, due to the GO train weekend service to the Falls, Niagara Transit has leased some St Catharines Transit buses for the Falls Shuttle service to handle the loads. SCT 9156, 9159, 9265, 9986, 9988 were all spotted in service on the Falls shuttle with Niagara Transit logos on them, but still in St Catharines paint.

I am heading to the Fall this Saturday so I will try to see if I can get shots of the leased SCT buses.

Kevin

If you do could you post them on the board? Thanks in advance.

I observed the 11:39 scheduled arrival (11:53 actual) of the GO Train in the Falls today. According to the GO conductor, 739 people were on board after having approximately 650 on the earlier train.

Needless to say, there were a lot of people who wanted to board the Falls Shuttle buses destined for Clifton Hill and the Falls. Niagara Falls Transit had an Inspector on site coordinating activities and it took 7 NFT buses (5 of the leased SCT buses, plus an Orion V and an Orion VII of NFT) to clear away the crowd. It was pretty impressive and NFT had the crowd cleared away in a reasonable amount of time.

Kevin

Niagara_Transit_9159__SCT____04JUL09.jpg

Niagara_Transit_9265__SCT____04JUL09.jpg

Niagara_Transit_9988__SCT____04JUL09.jpg

Very nice shots. I'm going to MarineLand in August so I hope to take some shots then. I'm surprised the buses haven't had their destination signs programmed to say 'Falls Shuttle - Green Line' and such. This is a somewhat permanent, however seasonal, route isn't it?

With regards to delays do the tracks go over a lift bridge at the canal?

Very nice shots. I'm going to MarineLand in August so I hope to take some shots then. I'm surprised the buses haven't had their destination signs programmed to say 'Falls Shuttle - Green Line' and such. This is a somewhat permanent, however seasonal, route isn't it?

With regards to delays do the tracks go over a lift bridge at the canal?

They don't need to program the sign as they are just leasing it.

Yes.

I have a quick question here, if I want to go to marine land by taking the go train, then niagara transit buses, how would I go about doing that? Anyone willing to be my trip planner again? ;)

You have a couple options:

1: Take the falls shuttle green line to Clifton Hill and catch the blue line. I'm not 100% sure but I think the green line turns into the blue line there.

2: Take any of the local routes (1-5) to the Main and Ferry transfer point and catch the route 6 to chippewa. It leaves Main and Ferry at :45.

Hope this helps. If you want Orion V's, take option 1. Orion VII's, take option 2.

And a bonus shot, ex-Oakville Transit 3303:

3715102449_499d0c29c2_b.jpg

3715104543_5ff348272f_b.jpg

Why is the ex Oakville cutaway there? Did they lease that as well? If so, for what purpose?

You have a couple options:

1: Take the falls shuttle green line to Clifton Hill and catch the blue line. I'm not 100% sure but I think the green line turns into the blue line there.

2: Take any of the local routes (1-5) to the Main and Ferry transfer point and catch the route 6 to chippewa. It leaves Main and Ferry at :45.

Hope this helps. If you want Orion V's, take option 1. Orion VII's, take option 2.

Why is the ex Oakville cutaway there? Did they lease that as well? If so, for what purpose?

Thanks Dave. So both of these options wind up at the gates of marineland? Both these run at like 10PM when marineland closes?

The ex-Oakville cutaway is privately owned. It is being used as a shuttle between the downtown bus terminal and Niagara-on-the-lake. I imagine that they also are going a pretty good business due to the GO train on weekends.

Kevin

The ex-Oakville cutaway is privately owned. It is being used as a shuttle between the downtown bus terminal and Niagara-on-the-lake. I imagine that they also are going a pretty good business due to the GO train on weekends.

Kevin

Will they loose money leasing buses to deal with crowds? Or did they factor that cost into the ticket?

How are the St catherine D40I doing?