*** GEORGES-VANIER STATION CLOSED ***

kellergraham

Add 24-241 to that list. On Thursday, it was doing the 555 route. However, the route display only read 555 and not 555 Navette Special. I'll try to get some pics next time I'm in that area.

And here I was thinking that numbers in the 500s were reserved solely for R-Bus routes...

They are, but lately it seems the STM couldn't care less about respecting this.

The 545 was fine, but naming the new old port route in this series is pure stupidity.

Using 555 for the G-V shuttle is not that bad, granted it's not an R-Bus, but it's also not permanent, and it's distinct from the rest of the routings.

• 2 months later...
Bad news guys! Tomorrow is the last day to enjoy the 555 and through service between Groulx and L'Allier.

http://stm.info/info/ouverture_georges-vanier.htm

I'm not sure exactly how many people rode this bus, but I think it would be a great idea to have atleast one route stop at Georges-Vanier. It would atleast help bring more people to that station. Maybe a route that goes the length of St-Antoine and stops at Georges-Vanier then to Lionel-Groulx. It could pick up people along the streets near the Ville Marie tunnel entrance.

Or many divert a route to stop at GV instead?

I'm not sure exactly how many people rode this bus, but I think it would be a great idea to have atleast one route stop at Georges-Vanier. It would atleast help bring more people to that station. Maybe a route that goes the length of St-Antoine and stops at Georges-Vanier then to Lionel-Groulx. It could pick up people along the streets near the Ville Marie tunnel entrance.

I say have the 90 go down Atwater stop at L-G, and then continue all the way downtown!

Why should people have to transfer to the Metro. and at the same time it would provide some decent bus service to the area!

The only one that would make sense is to re-route the 78. The best thing to in my opinion is to extend the 78 all the way to de la Montagne, essentially the 555 route. I bet lots of people would use this because I saw people using the 555 in the same way. There is no reason not do it, it would be in the schedule because the 78 enjoys a 10 min layover at L-G after doing a run, and that go around shouldn't be all that time consuming.

The only one that would make sense is to re-route the 78. The best thing to in my opinion is to extend the 78 all the way to de la Montagne, essentially the 555 route. I bet lots of people would use this because I saw people using the 555 in the same way. There is no reason not do it, it would be in the schedule because the 78 enjoys a 10 min layover at L-G after doing a run, and that go around shouldn't be all that time consuming.

I remember that being the case sometime in the 90's... but the 78 was cut back as some sort of cost cutting measure

Went and used Georges-Vanier today. A few things were changed: the stairs are new, floor tiles at a few places are new, the frame of the edicule- still needs glass that's why its still boarded up. The drainage behind the platform walls have been improved. Also its a lot brighter, all the burnt out light bulbs have been replaced, so the look of the station is different. That's about all I saw, could of been cleaned before opening the station because there's dust on every surface.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...