Cars

Double T

So far on performance, not as bright as Silverstar, I expect it. It's slight yellowish too.

How long did you have your Silverstar on your car so far?

I had a bulb go out 13-14 months into its lifespan. Replaced them and they should be good until next June or July at least.

aren't the Ford Fiesta and Mazda2 the same vehicle?

They're based on the same platform but Mazda and Ford don't follow the same design philosophy and keep in mind the Mazda2 is the older vehicle. If you wanted more sporty fun, the Mazda provides with a stiffer suspension and better steering feel. The Ford on the other hand is more comfortable and at the moment has the better fuel economy numbers. That said, it seems there will be a new Mazda2 coming, Mazda say that with its new SKY-G engine that its aiming for 70 mpg, so far the only prototype of the SKY-G made a 2.0L Mazda3 produce 30/40 mpg. I don't know what Ford has coming in return, possibly some more Ecoboost engines.

As for the Ford-Mazda relationship, Ford no longer owns nearly 33% of Mazda anymore. Ford's controlling interest in Mazda is down to 11% and even then they want a way out to end the partnership. What I don't know is what Mazda is going to do on its own, currently I think Mazda has thrived on the Ford partnership lately particularly the C1 platform which makes the Mazda3 very good. That said I think Mazda has a better chance at surviving independently than say Mitsubishi which to be honest makes decent cars(the good one being the Lancer Evo) but after being apart of the now great disaster known as Daimler-Chrysler its lucky to even be around.

• Board Admin

What I don't know is what Mazda is going to do on its own, currently I think Mazda has thrived on the Ford partnership lately particularly the C1 platform which makes the Mazda3 very good.
They only sell 3 "Ford models" - B-Series (Ranger) which has really outlived its life, Tribute (Escape), and now the Mazda2 (Fiesta). The other models (3, 5, 6, CX-7, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8) make up a big chunk of what they actually sell so I think they would be OK.

The Fiesta comes in sedan or 5 door hatch, with 3 trim levels S, SE, SES. The Mazda2 pretty much only comes in 2 trim levels which are the base model with no options (Convenience package adds all the goodies like power windows,etc), and then the up level model which is pretty much the same as if you got the base model with the convenience package, perhaps some different wheels or interior fabrics, but I think thats about it.

They only sell 3 "Ford models" - B-Series (Ranger) which has really outlived its life, Tribute (Escape), and now the Mazda2 (Fiesta). The other models (3, 5, 6, CX-7, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8) make up a big chunk of what they actually sell so I think they would be OK.
Mazda 3/5/CX-9 are also made using Ford Platforms.

My Saab is temporarily "out of service" as the front shocks sorely needed to be replaced. For the meantime, my bicycle will serve as a backup (although I've been commuting by bike for two months now.)

I purchased some new Sylvania higher-intensity headlamps as well, so when the car comes out of the shop we'll see how they turn out.

I have a 2000 Chrysler Cirrus LX 2.4L I4 Engine

Bought it used 2 months ago, suspension is a bit squicky and bumpy tho.

I learned to drive in a 1996 Chrysler Cirrus Lxi, Fully loaded, dark green exterior with beige leather interior...I LOVED that car! It was quick, it had the 2.5L V6, I was going to buy it off of my uncle before I got my Sunfire, but it needed too much work after sitting parked for almost 2 years.

My new toy!

Enjoy!

Dave

What happened to the Second Generation TSX that you posted a picture of in the Fall Colours thread? Either way, nice car. Honda all the way! :)

Anyone here get their winter tires yet? I've been looking around the past two weekends and I finnally bought some today. I got the BFGoodrich Winter Slalom KSIs, gonna get them installed later this week. I was looking at getting the Michelin X-Ice Xi2s but based on reviews I've read the Michelins seem to be only slightly better than the BFGoodrichs but the Michelins are about $30-40 more per tire.

• Board Admin

Saw this movie Super Van being played tonight...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070756/

Wasn't really paying attention to what the movie was about, I'm sure it wasn't that good, but there were some really classic vans in there! Many Dodge Maxivans, Ford Econolines (round headlight generation), and GMC Vanduras (and the Chevy Vans). Includes a nice video shot of them all in a big convoy.

It looks like a 2004-05 RSX, one of the last generation model before discontinued. Congrads that you got your new wheels, screw the public transit forever!

It's an 03' Acura RSX........but yea, close enough! I think it's a shame that they discontinued the RSX series, I have always liked the styling (and the price) of the Honda Integra / Acura RSX series!

What happened to the Second Generation TSX that you posted a picture of in the Fall Colours thread? Either way, nice car. Honda all the way! :)

Anyone here get their winter tires yet? I've been looking around the past two weekends and I finnally bought some today. I got the BFGoodrich Winter Slalom KSIs, gonna get them installed later this week. I was looking at getting the Michelin X-Ice Xi2s but based on reviews I've read the Michelins seem to be only slightly better than the BFGoodrichs but the Michelins are about $30-40 more per tire.

That's still kicking around, it's my mom's car! We are an Acura-driven family :)

Dave

Michelin are known for expensive tires on the market, but what you got just as long it performs well, you should be fine.

I will be switching to winter tires this week as it's coming down quite early.

im planning to get mine (i have a set for winter) when i go to get my emission test done soon (biggest ripoff ever) my mechanic can do both so im killing two birds with one stone

I am getting some Michelin X-Ice winter tires for my 1997 Toyota Camry XLE V6. I am impressed with the Michelin Hydroedge All Season tires that I've had on the car for about 2 years now. Way better then the Dunlop's that were factory (we went through 2 sets of those). So sticking with Michelin.

Though this the first time I've got winter tires for the car as I will be doing lots of highway driving this winter and the all seasions have a lot more millage on them now. So I don't want to to risk putting them through another winter. The total cost of replacement, alignment, balance, rims and tires are about $900. I am looking forward to finally driving in the snow on winter tires. My folks were always too cheap to equip our vehicles with them. But now I can afford a set it's good to go!