Cars

Double T

I thought it was bad enough when Chrysler put the Charger name and slapped it on a four door sedan, but Mitsubishi seems to have out done them now :blink:

How does Mitsubishi take the Eclipse from a two door sports coupe and turn it into a four door crossover?  Then again, no one really buys Mitsubishi anymore anyways, but still putting the same nameplate on two cars that are worlds apart is just silly.

right on

how bout the doors that open the wrong way eh

2 hours ago, 9924 said:

I thought it was bad enough when Chrysler put the Charger name and slapped it on a four door sedan, but Mitsubishi seems to have out done them now :blink:

How does Mitsubishi take the Eclipse from a two door sports coupe and turn it into a four door crossover?  Then again, no one really buys Mitsubishi anymore anyways, but still putting the same nameplate on two cars that are worlds apart is just silly.

This has been happening for some time now: AMG and M branded SUVs. Its quite awful. Its a horrible trend that is just devaluing the cars so that more people can buy them to win the neighbourhood brand-name war. 

Cuz lets be real here, no SUV is really sporty. Its foolish to even think that. You can make one seem sporty, but it will always have that body roll and weight.

14 hours ago, 9924 said:

I agree.

When I heard Mitsubishi was bringing the Eclipse back, I was actually quite enthusiastic, but when I saw something so differe at the GIMS, I was completely deceived.

And yes, Mitsubishi is falling down, and their involvement on irregular emissions control like VW has contributed a lot for the cascade effect.

As for Doppelkupplung, I partially disagree on the "SUV not being a real sports car due to their weight"; my X1 has quite a wide body and relatively low centre of gravity, plus it's four-inline 177hp diesel packs up quite a punch, and believe me, I compare this with the three latest generations of the Civic Type R and my own V6 203hp gasoline Mazda Tribute to say the X1 is still quite sporty.

Only thing messing up is it's MacPherson suspension up front, which has nothing to do with the multilink on the back.

But well, to whatever his opinions, so yes, I respect yours too. ^^

• 1 year later...

In a nutshell, cars I own are a 4-inline 2011 BMW X1 and V6 2005 Mazda Tribute.

Other cars I tested/drove during driving school, in chronological order:

Honda Civic Type R FN2 (school)

Toyota Vitz TRD Sport (school)

Civic Type R FK2 (school)

Civic Type R FK8

Ford Focus Carving

Suzuki Swift (Sec Gen)

Ferrari Portofino

Toyota C-HR AT

BMW Z4 M40i

I have plans to try other cars, notably BMW M2 Competition, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV and Stelvio QV, Nissan R35 GT-R and Lamborghini Huracan Performante and Urus.

I was very close to try Ferrari's 812 Superfast, but then the agent told me it's a very demanded car and is kept only for those wishing to buy it, for the customers to define their tailor built cars.

• 10 months later...

In early September I've acquired a 2002 Honda Civic Sedan - my first car. No mechanical damage, just some scratches on the bumpers. It had/came with:

Only 56,177 KM
No damage in the interior
Winter tires (2 need rims)
New bottles of synthetic oil and windshield fluid
New Silicon wiper blades
New car battery

all for $3,000 :) Sadly, due to COVID, I'll have to wait until January to get my G2. After that, goodbye Route 85! As of now, I intend to covert my headlights and taillights to LED to save energy, produce more light, and reduce heat output.

20200910_135922.thumb.jpg.fddd32442791c7a342653df41a761d6d.jpg