Cars

Double T

I like to keep it JDM.. I don't like the ricer crap.. I find a car looks way better that way.

JDM?

Looks very sleek man!

Forgot to mention this, back when I was at Can-ar, they have a 2006 and a 2008 Honda Fit for drivers shuttle and a 2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara for Inspectors. The 2006 Fit is alright, lack of style while the 2008 is a whole alot nicer with slightly bigger legroom for me to drive. The Suzuki I find was alright, getting quite old.

At Miller, they have Ford Ranger, Dodge Dakota and Chevy Silverado and S10 pick-up trucks. Driven all but my favorite are the Silverado, the S10 has crappy legroom but wicked a/c! I also driven the 2006 Chevy Uplander, which is for carrying cargo and other tools. And driven the 2008 Dodge Caravan, not bad. The only ones I've not driven is the Inspector Chrysler Sebring sedan, but been told they had so many issues including a transmission failure. Typical Chrysler products. But they will be due soon for a new replacement vehicle in a couple of years, if they will replace it.

Lastly, with the fully operational run at Veolia in Vaughan, have passed by their garage and their cars are nice! They have a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrids and a 2010 Toyota RAV4!

Lastly, with the fully operational run at Veolia in Vaughan, have passed by their garage and their cars are nice! They have a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrids and a 2010 Toyota RAV4!

Rav 4 is the supervisors Truck, along with a Ford Excape Hybrid. I am very jealous of them, seeing how BRT veolia has old Ford Focus's and a few Taurus wagons....

Rav 4 is the supervisors Truck, along with a Ford Excape Hybrid. I am very jealous of them, seeing how BRT veolia has old Ford Focus's and a few Taurus wagons....

Well, they bought them since it's first inauguration, so to see your cars going to be replace will be for a while.

I havent been on here for a while, but i thought i'd take some time out of my busy schedule to say that i bought a new car!! I bought a 2000 Ford Taurus SEL wagon. Its got 167,000kms & it has every option except leather seats & heated seats.

ya, word is we will get new cars, when we get our new yard..... :ph34r:

FYI, Newmarket's Superisor Car (4 door Sport) has over 300,000 KMs on it.....

Heh, a couple of our truck (I forgot which model) had over 350000k and their ages are from 1996! A couple of our trucks have retired few months ago, one of them is the door cannot be shut as the driver was hold on it while driving back!

Driving a Japanese-spec Mitsubishi i-MiEV home tonight. Kinda geeked -- having a Kei car in the U.S., particuarly one with right-hand-drive, seems so taboo.

The jellybean's on top of the parking structure as I speak, charging away...

That is awesome!! Let us know how it performs! I wanted to get one of those...

4887775451_f0a53ac744.jpg

I really dig the thing -- despite its size, it's much more comfortable and mature than any other small car I've driven, including larger offerings like Mazda2, Honda Fit, etc. Best of all, there's plenty of torque at hand; you can certainly creep about if you really want, but it does build speed easily.

Only issue? Range on this seems to be a little wanting. My commute is a little long -- 32 miles (and hilly!) -- so I used a little more than half of the charge then. Additional driving about town for dinner dropped it down further to two bars/ 11kM range. Today, running from Howell to Belleville to drop the car off -- just under 50 miles -- used about 2/3rds of the reserve while keeping the car between 60/65 mph for the whole trip, and that was after recharging overnight and, according to the car, having a full charge this morning. A/C off for both trips in the name of eking out a little extra range.

If you're using this as a second car for commuting, I'd say it makes sense, and I like it a little better than the ForTwo in this regard. If, however, you feel every vehicle you own must be able to satisfy your infinite wanderlust, then it's not your type of car -- at least not until range can be extended, or quick-charge infrastructure blossoms throughout the land. Of course, it'd be even better if you could use this to commute to a major piece of transit infrastructure, and then use mass transit from there... ;-)

Oh -- and getting used to driving a RHD car in a LHD world is a little trippy. Kept turning the wipers on when I meant to trip the turn signal. D'oh.

• Board Admin

Yeah once I saw that photo you posted I was going to ask if it was RHD!!

Thanks for the comparison to the ForTwo. That (short) commute to the transit infrastructure is actually what I do every day so a vehicle like that would be perfect. I'm still waiting for the smart fortwo ed to get released. Prototypes are expected this year (with ridiculous lease rates of $699/month I think it was), with production models expected in 2012. The battery packs in the smarts are produced by Tesla.

Hope they do increase the range though, but I think it is a limitation more of the batteries than other technology.

A little 2-inch piece of metal isn't going to stop a shopping cart or anything else from hitting the car. Looks stupid and it's pointless.

It'll protect the paint on their bumper when they manouver in and out of a parking spot while leaving a nice scrape on yours. If you ever see a car with those, take my advice and park far away from them :D

Very cool. I think our review will be live tomorrow or Thursday; I'll post a link once it's up.

Got to thinking -- it'd be kinda neat to have EV rapid chargers installed on ferries...be a good way to top-off your EV while commuting.

As mentioned in another thread, yesterday after the YRT SLF-235 charter a group of us went to Frankie Tomato's for an early dinner. When we came back out I noticed someone had hit my car and they didn't even leave their info like there suppose to. I called York Regional Police when I got home and they told me to go to the Collision Reporting Centre which I did do earlier this afternoon. Below is a picture of the damage to my car:

172.JPG

Does anyone have any experience with dealing with a coolant leak (i.e. how much it costs)? My car's "FILL COOLANT FLUID" message came on only three days after filling the coolant fluid, which leads me to suspect that something's leaking in there.

What kind of car is it again? And what year?