Cars

Double T

• Board Admin

I have a question... do bug deflectors really help?

Only my van (which we bought used) has a bug deflector - and there are a lot of chips in the hood. Of course, I don't know where it was driven before we got it (other than assumed highway driving due to the high mileage for its age), and it might not be a direct correlation between having a bug deflector and having chips in the hood.

But the rest of the body is fine, and none of our other vehicles (including a similar van from the last generation) have chips in the hood.

• Board Admin

Our van died today for good - won't start. (1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager) It was driving fine but died while driving - luckily my dad was able to pull it to the side of the road in a legal parking location.

Will probably be donating it to the Kidney Car Foundation here.

Our van died today for good - won't start. (1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager) It was driving fine but died while driving - luckily my dad was able to pull it to the side of the road in a legal parking location.

Will probably be donating it to the Kidney Car Foundation here.

You said your van was misfiring on one cylinder so you never changed the plugs. Maybe the remaining 5 went on it...check them.

• Board Admin

Might be the fuel pump or something. The starter tries but it seems the engine doesn't respond. We aren't spending any more on that van. It's had a good life and unfortunately it's time to go.

Two Lamborghini's within the past two days, one yesterday and one today. They look even nicer in real life.

There's a guy who lives just outside of Brantford who owns an orange one. I see it around town a lot, he must like to show off.

He better not leave it unattended for long in the wrong part of town (almost everywhere) ...

There's a guy who lives just outside of Brantford who owns an orange one. I see it around town a lot, he must like to show off.

He better not leave it unattended for long in the wrong part of town (almost everywhere) ...

This might be because of the summer, although I didn't see these kinds of cars in the past summers, but I've been seen quite a few luxury cars around Toronto since the beginning of June. Along with the one Lamborghini (the other I saw in Mississauga) I have seen 2 Rolls-Royce Phantoms and 4 Bentley Continentals (2 of them coupes).

Two Lamborghini's within the past two days, one yesterday and one today. They look even nicer in real life.

For some reason I keep on seeing Lamborghini's in Parkdale, Ferrari's on St Clair and Hummer's on Vaughan Rd...

And, Here's my friend's car...SIM_CAR_EDITs.jpg It's a Honda Pilot

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to take an S2000 CR out to the west coast of MI this weekend, but forgot our Audi R8 is leaving the office in a week or two...figure it's best to kindle the romance before it reverts back to unrequited love (I'll never be able to afford one of these things).

This might be because of the summer, although I didn't see these kinds of cars in the past summers, but I've been seen quite a few luxury cars around Toronto since the beginning of June. Along with the one Lamborghini (the other I saw in Mississauga) I have seen 2 Rolls-Royce Phantoms and 4 Bentley Continentals (2 of them coupes).

And the Bentley sightings continue, saw a Bentley Continental coupe convertable yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

I rented from Enterprise a 2008 Kia Spectra. I'll try to post some pics later on. It's not too too bad! I got it up to 90 mph on the Interstate but it seems less sure on concrete compared to asphalt.

I was also treated to a nice ride in one of CyRide's support vehicles: a brand new white Chevy Impala LS with a nice wood trim interior. They also have a red Prius!

SMS in Ames Iowa