Cars

Double T

Well, the day has finally come... I just got a 2008 Ford Fusion V6 SEL FWD :angry:

I get to pick her up in Kitchener tomorrow. Those heated seats will sure come in handy until things start to warm up! Pictures to follow over the weekend.

Well, the day has finally come... I just got a 2008 Ford Fusion V6 SEL FWD :angry:

I get to pick her up in Kitchener tomorrow. Those heated seats will sure come in handy until things start to warm up! Pictures to follow over the weekend.

Congratulations. What made you choose a Ford Fusion though? Value? What are your reasons?

And is this your first car?

Congratulations. What made you choose a Ford Fusion though? Value? What are your reasons?

And is this your first car?

This is my first. I had many reasons for choosing a Fusion. They look good, are built reasonably well, incredible value for the $, and I have yet to hear of any major problems with them. Even the 2006 Fusions are still going strong. I also wanted to buy domestic, considering the way the industry is going, and Ford not having a huge need for financial help at the moment, which shows you how well they are doing right now...

• Board Admin

Some of us on this forum are going through a cold snap now...temps as low as -49 (in Winnepeg!!!). How are your cars doing in this? Do they start first shot or require more than just turning the key?
We had our turn already - the solution is park in a garage, or at the very least have a block heater. <_<

This is a bit off topic, but has anyone here ever used a cassette adapter in their/a car's cassette player so that they can play music off of their mp3 player? When I found out about them I thought it was a great invention. It is great for those on a budget you can't afford to install a new system into their car.
I used one of those in my dad's van to plug in the desktop scanner I got to make it sound like a police car, it sounded so awesome.
It started in the Downtown Montreal area as a by-law to prevent people from leaving valuables in the car and leaving it unlocked. And you receive the ticket on the seat so you'll notice and prove it really was unlocked.

<_< That's hilarious. Getting the ticket on your seat. Just curious did the enforcement officer lock the doors after they busted you?

This is my first. I had many reasons for choosing a Fusion. They look good, are built reasonably well, incredible value for the $, and I have yet to hear of any major problems with them. Even the 2006 Fusions are still going strong. I also wanted to buy domestic, considering the way the industry is going, and Ford not having a huge need for financial help at the moment, which shows you how well they are doing right now...

And what made you choose the V6 model over the 2.3L I4 SEL?

Gas prices may go up anytime you know...

And what made you choose the V6 model over the 2.3L I4 SEL?

Gas prices may go up anytime you know...

I'm not too worried about the price of gas... I love having power, and the difference between the 4 and 6 isn't all that much on paper. As long as I can drive "sensibly" the 6 isn't such a bad option.

• Board Admin
The RPM gauge is a nice addition. Personally I would prefer to have oil and battery meters as well :)
Yeah, I have a car computer - ScanGauge II - that reads the RPM and battery, but not oil. :) I don't think any car has an oil gauge. :P

James (the other one) is borrowing it right now though.

I went to the Montreal International Car Show yesterday and the new 2010 Mazda 3 had been redesigned and is now one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen! Get them this year before they get designed! Sorry if someone has mentioned this already..

dynamic_resize.jpg

it looks happy tho

I went to the Montreal International Car Show yesterday and the new 2010 Mazda 3 had been redesigned and is now one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen! Get them this year before they get designed! Sorry if someone has mentioned this already..

dynamic_resize.jpg

Just showed my mom this, she was laughing her ass off :)

dynamic_resize.jpg

Agree! One editor says the GX/GS model are much more smile than the GT. However, the interior I'm very impressed!

• Board Admin
By oil meter I meant oil pressure gauge, like the one found on my parents' Crown Victoria :)
Wow, it actually has one? Is it measured in PSI? My ScanGauge can show fuel pressure but it is dependent on whether or not the vehicle reports it through the OBDII port or not.

I think our 1987 Voyager might have had the oil and battery gauges - it had the battery one for sure.

Agree! One editor says the GX/GS model are much more smile than the GT. However, the interior I'm very impressed!

I don't care how nice the interior looks. If the outside is gross, then forget it! The biggest thing people are not liking is the front grille actually. I hate the way it makes it look...