Heres New York Trailways 82083 and also spotted an unknown MCI from Niagara Falls covering for Greyhound. Sorry the last image is off but can someone identify what company it is?

DSCF3639.JPG

What Terminal is that? As for the white bus, I wonder if it's the same owner of a Ex-Go Transit MCI 102C3 parked near the Greyhound Lakeshore facility today... It also sated on the Coach that they are based out of Niagara Falls.

What Terminal is that? As for the white bus, I wonder if it's the same owner of a Ex-Go Transit MCI 102C3 parked near the Greyhound Lakeshore facility today... It also sated on the Coach that they are based out of Niagara Falls.

^ nvm it's Guelph! I surprised that a Trailways unit would be used north of Toronto! lol

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1142 has safely made its way out east, and is now operating in the Eastern Canadian fleet.

It's an Irizar i6: http://www.irizar.com/usa/. Those pictures look to be taken at LAD.

Some shots from my trip to Toronto this summer from July to August. I enjoyed the Coach Terminal a lot! Greyhound Prevost X3-45 #86096-1 by Dannny29, on Flickr Greyhound MCI 102-DL3 #6260-1 by Dan

Posted Images

^ nvm it's Guelph! I surprised that a Trailways unit would be used north of Toronto! lol

Greyhound has been know before during coach shortages to use what ever is in the inservice line for runs!

Greyhound has been know before during coach shortages to use what ever is in the inservice line for runs!

Funny tho, I was at the Lakeshore Garage to meet with the Maintenance Manager and all the bays were full of buses being worked on and there were about 15 Coaches parked and I found 3 that were Out of Service by a Mechanic including a Prevost X3-45!

Funny tho, I was at the Lakeshore Garage to meet with the Maintenance Manager and all the bays were full of buses being worked on and there were about 15 Coaches parked and I found 3 that were Out of Service by a Mechanic including a Prevost X3-45!

Sounds like regular Greyhound, nothing new with First management.

I think i know that coach you are talking about. It has the two A/C units on the roof.

They may be placing rentals, to cover runs and extra sections, in locations for the May long weekend.

Uwe

That's common, When I was with AZ Bus, Greyhound ordered 3 Coaches to cover between the Region of Waterloo and Toronto for like 12 Hours!

Saw a Cullingford Coach at Ottawa Bus Statiom tonight. It's an ex-Parkinson bus. Also a couple of Groupe Galland J4500 coaches doing Montreal runs. Transport Thom may also be running subs but can't be sure if they are using the station for other reasons.

I wonder if they make money on those runs even after subbing it out?

Yes and no, depends on the company. AZ Bus charges dirt cheap for charters.

Just for the record, the industry term for hiring another company is called Farm Out or Farming out!

Are they not allowed to leave passengers stranded?

I'm surprised they would use Cullingford, maybe they have cheap rates?

Depends on what terms Greyhound implemented to the Farm Out operator. I know when I was with AZ Bus, should ever the driver advise of a malfunction, we would have to get a mechanic or a Spare Board to do a change off or if that said driver was on idle and the bus was still drivable a change off would be done at the yard.

This evening I saw a Leduc Coach Farmed out by Greyhound doing the Toronto - Ottawa run!

Bolt 0868 is indeed at the Pacific Central Station. The Vancouver-Seattle portion of the new Bolt service is officially announced to start May 31, 2012. I did catch some pictures of her and will post them later.

Here are my photos of Bolt 0868 parked in Bay 23 at Pacific Central Station yesterday. As you can see, legals clearly indicated that she is operated by Greyhound Lines Inc.

I notice a small plate in front of the bus, is that proof to show that you have operating authority in BC? I notice some Greyhound Canada units sport that small plate as well. In Ontario, you have the option of displaying decals of the Public Vehicle operating number on the side of the bus.

I wonder if Greyhound will expand Boltbus to Los Angeles? When Megabus was there it was a complete faliure!