Greyhound Spottings & Photos

American scheme?? But our early 1000s have a similar scheme... 1014, 1017, 1021 etc... Were these American units before??

Don't forget that #'s 1013-1017 were originally Brewster #'s 234-238 until sometime in late 1997 or after. I rode #238 to Portland in the summer of 1997 on a Charter with a group.

Of course, these were taken before these units were sent back to Greyhound Canada....

brewster_238_2.jpg

brewster_238.jpg

More great photos. Thanks to 21, Peter and M Parsons for the additional selection. Good crop job on the MCI. Nice to see the new scheme. I snapped 1167 in WPG earlier this year. Good looking vehicle. Long live that new scheme.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1120 is a DL3 isn't it? :lol:

2000 102-DL3 (1112-1137)

2001 D4500 (1138-1182)

I think all of Greyhound's Ds have the higher turn signals, except for the ex-Brewster ones. (1013-1017)

Is there a way of telling whether a coach is a DL3 or D4500? Some visual clue like for example different tailights, or something else?

The D4500 has the newer "waterfall" MCI logo embossed on the rear grille, with the text "MOTOR COACH INDUSTRIES".

glc1145r.jpg

Likely 2 D4500s in this batch:

dt-whitedsr.jpg

Not so much on Greyhound units, but there can also be a badge with the same logo and "D4500" by the door of the coach, and near the driver's window on the other side.

The front logo between the windshield wipers is the newer logo and not "MCI".

dt-whited4500a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
How come the decals are off her? Did she just get repainted or is it up for sale already?

She just came out of the paint shop. as for weather she's up for sale, Who knows.

Next chance I get I'll try and get you a shot of a repainted 980 too.