Greyhound Spottings & Photos

Man.... if that is 1170... they could have at least painted the exterior..... even white washed it......

From my understanding the interior was completely gutted and replaced (all new).

As for the exterior, that's up for debate, as it wouldn't have made much difference. Maybe the should have replaced the front panel, one without the additional turn signals (the last unit being 1182 with those).

Uwe

for the new Prevost X3-45 do you have to wear the seat belts?

No, under the Highway Traffic Act (Ontario), a bus is a multi passenger vehicle, and seat belts are not required to be worn by passengers. The driver is required by law to make use of the seat belt provided for the driver. This response may not reflect jurisdictions other than Ontario.

Captured Voyager fleet # 2602 parked in London, Ontario, on June 13th, 2009. This is a 26 passenger vehicle. Not sure why it would have been in London unless it was used on a low passenger volume overflow run; or for other reasons which remain unknown to me.

Actually, that isn't quite true. If a vehicle is equipped with seatbelts, you are supposed to wear it. For individuals under 16, the driver/operator of the vehicle is responsible for them.

See: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety/seatbelt.shtml, it only applies when vehicles were manufactured whitout seatbelts. If they are there, you are supposed to legally wear it.

Uwe

From my understanding the interior was completely gutted and replaced (all new).

As for the exterior, that's up for debate, as it wouldn't have made much difference. Maybe the should have replaced the front panel, one without the additional turn signals (the last unit being 1182 with those).

Uwe

Actually, that isn't quite true. If a vehicle is equipped with seatbelts, you are supposed to wear it. For individuals under 16, the driver/operator of the vehicle is responsible for them.

See: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety/seatbelt.shtml, it only applies when vehicles were manufactured whitout seatbelts. If they are there, you are supposed to legally wear it.

Uwe

Uwe:

Yes, you are absolutely correct. I stand corrected. I knew that too; but since I usually have all adult passengers or a bus without seatbelts the true info had slipped my mind. Guess I got side tracked with what was about to hit me in the pocket book vs. the true legal side of the issue. Thanks for snapping me back to reality.

Uwe

Uwe

hope i dont get one going to montreal then in a few weeks lol on 14 turning 15 but then again ottawa-montreal is covered by voyageur so not likely

hope i dont get one going to montreal then in a few weeks lol on 14 turning 15 but then again ottawa-montreal is covered by voyageur so not likely

just a note you mayor may not get a greyhound bus on any of the trips to or from mtl as last i heard greyhound bought out voyagur (could be wrong ).

As i have had a greyhound bus the last few times ive taken the bus to mtl

just a note you mayor may not get a greyhound bus on any of the trips to or from mtl as last i heard greyhound bought out voyagur (could be wrong ).

As i have had a greyhound bus the last few times ive taken the bus to mtl

AFAIK, Voyageur was merged with Greyhound years ago by Laidlaw Transportation. I forget the time frame exactly, but I am pretty sure it was before December 2001 when I went to Montreal from Ottawa.

AFAIK, Voyageur was merged with Greyhound years ago by Laidlaw Transportation. I forget the time frame exactly, but I am pretty sure it was before December 2001 when I went to Montreal from Ottawa.

Greyhound, I believe, took over the Voyageur operation in the late 1990s, possibly 1998.

that is true sorry i was just reffering to what the site said with montreal-ottawa by voyageur it is true that you can get greyhound

Is that supposed to be all one sentence? I am not sure how exactly to take that post, but it seems at the end you are asking if it is true you can get a greyhound unit on the montreal to ottawa run. If so, yes I believe so.

Is that supposed to be all one sentence? I am not sure how exactly to take that post, but it seems at the end you are asking if it is true you can get a greyhound unit on the montreal to ottawa run. If so, yes I believe so.

o sorry MBTA9244-9640b i wasnt thinking when i was typing i ment it like well im not even sure nvm lol

• Board Admin

Yikes...

1 dead, 11 hospitalized after Cdn football team bus crashes in Indiana

By THE CANADIAN PRESS – 1 hour ago

ANGOLA, Ind. — The assistant head coach of the London Silverbacks says one person is dead and 11 people were sent to hospital after a Greyhound bus carrying the Canadian semi-pro team collided with a sport utility vehicle in Indiana Sunday morning.

Jason Kenemy says the injured include team owner Alan Lazar, who was airlifted to a hospital in Fort Wayne in critical but stable condition, and the bus driver. Kenemy says Lazar is expected to be OK.

The crash happened on I-69 about 11:30 a.m. when the southbound SUV blew a tire, crossed the median and collided head-on with the northbound bus and burst into flames, killing the SUV's driver.

Kenemy says the team members suffered relatively minor injuries, and five team members have been released from hospital.

He says there's no word on when the team will be able to continue its journey home to Ontario, and they are waiting for another bus.

The Angola Fire department had said 14 people were hospitalized and that the team was the Mustangs but Kenemy says the bus had a Mustangs logo on it.

Copyright © 2009 The Canadian Press. All rights reserved.

In the picture it looks like bus #1090 on the rear, and not 9767. Did they renumber it for the wrap?

They wouldn't renumber a bus. You might be correct since there was two of these buses wrapped for the Western Mustangs.

1288 on the Montreal express ( at St Laurent Stn)

A driver that I talked to said that 1334 had appeared once in the Montreal bus lot but not one driver would touch it since the message has passed through the fleet. So it was scheduled at one time recently to serve Montreal-Ottawa, but has since been transferred to London. (as noted by the recent sightings).