Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1142 has safely made its way out east, and is now operating in the Eastern Canadian fleet.

1273 is active. It's like some of the current 0600 fleet. Just white with the logos. 0622 has the current livery along with 0635.

Some shots from my trip to Toronto this summer from July to August. I enjoyed the Coach Terminal a lot! Greyhound Prevost X3-45 #86096-1 by Dannny29, on Flickr Greyhound MCI 102-DL3 #6260-1 by Dan

Posted Images

11 hours ago, ZümmyZüm said:

Last 3 remaining x3-45s have been removed from the Ex first student / greyhound lot, I didn’t see them inside either. Will try and get a better look during the day next time I’m in the area 

 

edit: Ottawa location 

I wonder if they where sold off or moved to the US?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Shaun said:

I wonder if they where sold off or moved to the US?

 

2 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

Unless they had Wheel Chair Lifts, they where either sold or maybe moved to Toronto.

The Ex- first Canada buses were not wheelchair lift equipped, if they haven’t been transferred to Toronto it’s likely they’ve been sold, since they were recently deep cleaned and plastic wrapped seats + back sealed off with tarp from the drivers area, I’m aiming towards sold 

 

the other x3-45s ( 8870-8888 ) are equipped with wheelchair lifts and could be dispatched down South 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2021 at 8:52 PM, ZümmyZüm said:

 

The Ex- first Canada buses were not wheelchair lift equipped, if they haven’t been transferred to Toronto it’s likely they’ve been sold, since they were recently deep cleaned and plastic wrapped seats + back sealed off with tarp from the drivers area, I’m aiming towards sold 

 

the other x3-45s ( 8870-8888 ) are equipped with wheelchair lifts and could be dispatched down South 

That's not correct - 18 of the 35 ex-First X3-45 coaches were retrofitted with wheelchair lifts shortly after being transferred to Greyhound.

A number of them (including some of the ones with wheelchair lifts) have since been transferred back out west to operate on some of First's contracts. I don't know the exact number or which units, other than them still wearing the Greyhound livery wrap.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Articulated said:

That's not correct - 18 of the 35 ex-First X3-45 coaches were retrofitted with wheelchair lifts shortly after being transferred to Greyhound.

A number of them (including some of the ones with wheelchair lifts) have since been transferred back out west to operate on some of First's contracts. I don't know the exact number or which units, other than them still wearing the Greyhound livery wrap.

21 to be exact. 0634 to 0654 were all sent to Prevost in Mississauga for wheelchair lift installation.

A buddy of mine that works in the parts department says that those were the nastiest buses that ever came through the shop, clunks of sand stuck in every crevice, inside and out 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, INowKnowwhY said:

21 to be exact. 0634 to 0654 were all sent to Prevost in Mississauga for wheelchair lift installation.

A buddy of mine that works in the parts department says that those were the nastiest buses that ever came through the shop, clunks of sand stuck in every crevice, inside and out 🤣

Good to know, thanks. I had not been able to visually confirm whether 0637-0639 had lifts installed.

Everyone that I've heard that has worked on these buses has said the same thing, those buses got oil sands dirt caked on everywhere you could imagine, and a bunch of places you couldn't!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, traildriver said:

Just an off topic comment here...my company had some Prevost XLII's retrofitted with wheelchair lifts (by ABC in Minnesota), and they were a source of much trouble...I would never buy a used one of those...

In general with Prevost, the door is trouble some, it has a Interlock system and you have open and close many times just to release the brakes.

You stated that it was done at ABC, while I respect ABC's craftsmanship, I am not sure if they're Prevost certified in which the trouble could be that it was not done at the Manufacturer's facility but rather a third party that sells a rival brand. I am sure if Trailways NY had it done by Prevost, the trouble you speak of may have been limited to just the door.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Megabus Rider said:

In general with Prevost, the door is trouble some, it has a Interlock system and you have open and close many times just to release the brakes.

You stated that it was done at ABC, while I respect ABC's craftsmanship, I am not sure if they're Prevost certified in which the trouble could be that it was not done at the Manufacturer's facility but rather a third party that sells a rival brand. I am sure if Trailways NY had it done by Prevost, the trouble you speak of may have been limited to just the door.

Not all Prevosts have an interlock. Some of the X3’s you can flip the wheelchair switch off and move it with the door wide open. They also move when knelt if you play with them.  Then there are the times it tells you the door is open while driving down the road... 
 

All MCI’s require heaven and earth to move if so much as a single thing is out of adjustment with the kneeler or the lift or any other of a hundred things. 
 

I always preferred the MCI’s ... the Prevosts are a little on the shop-Queen heavy side. Almost never got back home without 6 things wrong with them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, ns8401 said:

Not all Prevosts have an interlock. Some of the X3’s you can flip the wheelchair switch off and move it with the door wide open. They also move when knelt if you play with them.  Then there are the times it tells you the door is open while driving down the road... 
 

All MCI’s require heaven and earth to move if so much as a single thing is out of adjustment with the kneeler or the lift or any other of a hundred things. 
 

I always preferred the MCI’s ... the Prevosts are a little on the shop-Queen heavy side. Almost never got back home without 6 things wrong with them.

Could be Customer Spec.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Megabus Rider said:

Could be Customer Spec.

Possible. But given that it’s a Prevost it could just be a module failure. They seem to eat electrical and computer components and alternators... they eat those for breakfast.

 

The really fun problem on an X3 is when that sliding door simply falls off the track. I had that happen twice. Both times the bolts simply came loose and fell off and the door became precariously stuck open. The ultimate experience indeed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Micro-switches are both a blessing, and a curse...more often the latter, in my experience.  Guess I prefer the era of the beginning of my career, when the driver's human senses, were the 'computer', as far as detecting defects in a coach...😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 11:53 AM, Articulated said:

That's not correct - 18 of the 35 ex-First X3-45 coaches were retrofitted with wheelchair lifts shortly after being transferred to Greyhound.

A number of them (including some of the ones with wheelchair lifts) have since been transferred back out west to operate on some of First's contracts. I don't know the exact number or which units, other than them still wearing the Greyhound livery wrap.

Thanks for the correction, I remember looking at them and not seeing the typical lift door where the windows are, however just went to some old photos of 0653 and it’s clearly there  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, traildriver said:

Micro-switches are both a blessing, and a curse...more often the latter, in my experience.  Guess I prefer the era of the beginning of my career, when the driver's human senses, were the 'computer', as far as detecting defects in a coach...😁

There are times I wish that we didn’t have the computer control. I will keep the power steering if it’s ok with you. 😁

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ns8401 said:

There are times I wish that we didn’t have the computer control. I will keep the power steering if it’s ok with you. 😁

In an MCI or GM....yes, keep the power steering.   In an Eagle?  Don't need power steering....😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...