• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1142 has safely made its way out east, and is now operating in the Eastern Canadian fleet.

It's an Irizar i6: http://www.irizar.com/usa/. Those pictures look to be taken at LAD.

Some shots from my trip to Toronto this summer from July to August. I enjoyed the Coach Terminal a lot! Greyhound Prevost X3-45 #86096-1 by Dannny29, on Flickr Greyhound MCI 102-DL3 #6260-1 by Dan

Posted Images

On 7/24/2020 at 11:35 PM, Megabus Rider said:

I went by the Lakeshore Garage and noticed all the buses are pretty much fixed up, cleaned up and ready to go. All garage doors are closed so I am assuming they're done with fixing and cleaning the buses. It appears the cannibalized units are all gone as most of the X3s are nosed out in its place. The yard actually looks really neat with the buses all parked nosed out around the perimeter.

Hello good sir, how’s the old barn doing these days, can you post some pictures. My dad use to drive for the hound and I haven’t been there since ‘98 and didn’t even know it was still standing. From the romours I heard they are rebuilding that section of the city are they not? 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Swadian said:

Has anyone seen the Greyhound Canada 1140-1143 recently? Are they still operable?

They could be hidden in the Lakeshore Garage or in Ottawa. An employee would be the best person to ask.

On 8/23/2020 at 11:19 AM, Brian Jensen said:

Hello good sir, how’s the old barn doing these days, can you post some pictures. My dad use to drive for the hound and I haven’t been there since ‘98 and didn’t even know it was still standing. From the romours I heard they are rebuilding that section of the city are they not? 

It's still standing, unfortunately I did not take any photos. There is no rebuilding going on to my knowledge, but all the cannibalized buses are gone.

• 2 weeks later...

The following units have been adding to Greyhounds facility in Ottawa on top of the fleet of 102DL3’s from the former western fleet 

MCI D4500

Prevost X3-45 - original greyhound Canada fleet 

8877, 8879

Prevost X3-45 - First Canada oil sands buses 

624,630,631,632(?),633,653 and one unmarked unit. 

Many of the 0600 X3’s have a “do not remove parts” sticker and some have clearly been professionally cleaned inside with plastic wrap on seats to suggest a second life awaits them

19 hours ago, ZümmyZüm said:

The following units have been adding to Greyhounds facility in Ottawa on top 

Prevost X3-45 - First Canada oil sands buses 

624,630,631,632(?),633,653 and one unmarked unit. 

Many of the 0600 X3’s have a “do not remove parts” sticker and some have clearly been professionally cleaned inside with plastic wrap on seats to suggest a second life awaits them

I have a feeling more of those 600 series X3-45s are going to be making their way back out west for work in Kitimat that First has going on. Several are out West here.

4 hours ago, Michel said:

Ottawa Metro Towing & Recovery has posted a couple of photos on their Facebook Page of some 102 DL3 buses being towed to the scrapyard.

What are the fleet numbers for those? The photos posted showed the fleet numbers blacked out.

I recently rode the train to Kingston and took the Megabus home and found ridership to be light but it's not zero. 

I really thing that greyhound waiting until things get back to normal is doing more harm than good. Might be a good opportunity for VIA to attract customers away from Greyhound for the long term and to use the train instead. (Much better experience).

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ZümmyZüm said:

Greyhounds Ottawa yard no longer has any MCI 102DL3 left, all that remains are the x345s and some D4505s. Some of which have decals removed and had a professional cleaning done 

Which 102DL3s were in the Ottawa yard? We can write all those off as scrapped.

My buddy up in Kitimat sent a picture of X3-45 #640. He mentioned there's about 6 in the Greyhound scheme up there. Also mentioned some white X3-45s in the First compound. Will find out what fleet numbers for the GLC graphics are up there.

Resized_20201111_095338_7912.jpeg

• Like 2
On 11/11/2020 at 11:41 PM, translink fan said:

My buddy up in Kitimat sent a picture of X3-45 #640. He mentioned there's about 6 in the Greyhound scheme up there. Also mentioned some white X3-45s in the First compound. Will find out what fleet numbers for the GLC graphics are up there.

Resized_20201111_095338_7912.jpeg

Update. Following fleet numbers up there are: 0640, 0642, 0643, 0644, 0645, 0648.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a blog TO photo with a greyhound D4505 in the background... the photo looks recent, seeing the snow on the ground. It could also be from last year. Does anyone know if they are driving them around to keep them running? Or if this is an old photo?

Screenshot_20201204-215440.png

• 2 weeks later...