BCT-3122-D800-10240

Greyhound Spottings & Photos

Its still quite profitable for Greyhound to charter buses for overloads, after the cost of chartering a bus , greyhound still makes about 5000$ Profit 

I suspect Greyhound get better rates for chartering coaches from another coach company then the average customer chartering  that same coach from that same company IE 417 Bus Lines?

On 10/27/2019 at 4:24 PM, A. Wong said:

Nice to see some G4500s still in operation - they used to be quite common in the Canadian west.

Still a fair amount of them in the USA and they seem to be common East and Midwest

On 12/15/2019 at 10:20 PM, Shaun said:

All US buses must have a lift. Effective a few years ago. 

Only for line run. Greyhound in the USA still has a non lift fleet for training and charters.

Greyhound has started wrapping a new group of buses for Gray Line Sightseeing service. So far I have spotted 1273 and 6226. It wouldn't surprise me if a few of the other all-white D4505s have also been wrapped, or will soon be (1287 comes to mind).

6226 is most interesting, as this coach has been used exclusively as an election charter bus since it was transferred from the US back in 2012. With the wrap, it is now being used in regular service.

I am not sure if this means the previous generation of buses (1298, 1299, 1302) have been retired, as I have not seen or photographed them since early last year.

49260346887_d8a03f8130.jpg

• Like 1

Nice catch on the new wrap! Interesting they advertise Greyhound Charters now... and the Charters button on their website is one of the smallest things on the screen.

On 1/15/2020 at 7:14 PM, Articulated said:

Greyhound has started wrapping a new group of buses for Gray Line Sightseeing service. So far I have spotted 1273 and 6226. It wouldn't surprise me if a few of the other all-white D4505s have also been wrapped, or will soon be (1287 comes to mind).

6226 is most interesting, as this coach has been used exclusively as an election charter bus since it was transferred from the US back in 2012. With the wrap, it is now being used in regular service.

I am not sure if this means the previous generation of buses (1298, 1299, 1302) have been retired, as I have not seen or photographed them since early last year.

49260346887_d8a03f8130.jpg

6226 still has a VIP section at the rear, it also still has the bathroom and kitchen area with a microwave and fridge in the middle. They added extra seats at the front. Strictly only used for Gray line if they have less then 20 passengers and for private charters.

The D4505's are still active but they're now heavily used on regular schedules.

Even the Driver training buses are now used on regular schedules as a last resort if equipment is depleted. Greyhound has taken a smarter step to keep every dog running and collecting revenue.

This mornings Peterborough Stn hat trick is brought to you by,

0624 Peterborough -> Pembroke local 

0630 Toronto -> Ottawa Local

0632 (Unknown rte)

34 minutes ago, curlingteam333 said:

As of February 23, 2020, prevost x3-45 0629 is the only bus that still have white livery. Took this bus recently from Toronto to Sudbury. 

The list shows 0629 as white and also 0631 unless that was done up recently.

Busy Day for Greyhound yesterday , many overload charters running especially to the Universities. 

168 passengers for the 11:30 Depart from Ottawa to Toronto , covered by Leduc 3926 and 417 Buslines 44-14 , in addition to the 2 Hounds