Jump to content
BCT-3122-D800-10240

Greyhound Spottings & Photos

Recommended Posts

On 1/21/2019 at 2:28 PM, 2044 said:

Spotted 1330 in the new livery at the Toronto Coach Terminal. A tow truck from A Towing later came to pick it up.

IMG_4189.JPG

Greyhound Canada has a contract with A's Towing to do their GTA towing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eastbound on Kingston Road this afternoon:

- 6080 being towed.  All its windows removed and no tag axle.

- 6007 on a flatbed.  All be its windows removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Uwe said:

Eastbound on Kingston Road this afternoon:

- 6080 being towed.  All its windows removed and no tag axle.

- 6007 on a flatbed.  All be its windows removed.

Me thinks those two are toast...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 12:24 PM, INowKnowwhY said:

No they couldn't be repaired. The frames were cracked.

I managed to obtain a partial list of some of the buses being exported down south:

60578, 6075, 6079, 6106, 6110, 6111, 6128, 6172, 6193, 6200, 6272 and 6321

Which 45 buses were pulled at CHD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2019 at 7:39 PM, Uwe said:

Eastbound on Kingston Road this afternoon:

- 6080 being towed.  All its windows removed and no tag axle.

- 6007 on a flatbed.  All be its windows removed.

 

On 2/28/2019 at 12:56 AM, ns8401 said:

Me thinks those two are toast...

To my knowledge they did bring the remaining fleet from Alberta and they are just sorting through on what they want to keep. This will be a common sight for the next few months,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Transit 20 said:

greyhound USA 86551 made it into Kitchener today very rare.

86551.JPG

Woah! That is extremely rare. Canadian operations has been struggling for the past month with the availability of buses, ever since they exported many of them down south.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 7:10 PM, INowKnowwhY said:

Woah! That is extremely rare. Canadian operations has been struggling for the past month with the availability of buses, ever since they exported many of them down south.

Which buses did they export south?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Swadian said:

Which buses did they export south?

12 of them are already listed above:

6075, 6079, 6106, 6110, 6111, 6128, 6172, 6193, 6200, 6272, 6321 and 60578...

that leaves 38 of the 50 unaccounted for...

It looks like a pile of worn out DL’s... you’d think with all the new Prevosts (already into the 869xx’s) they wouldn’t need to bring more junk in to fill in the gap but there it is... nobody wants to drive those 20 year old buses vs. a brand new Prevost... hopefully they stay at the various training centers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there are a couple of units still at the former Edmonton garage on Yellowhead Trail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, A. Wong said:

I think there are a couple of units still at the former Edmonton garage on Yellowhead Trail.

Yeah don't think they've sold the former garage yet.. Does anyone know is it being used by anyone

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2019 at 6:45 PM, roeco said:

Yeah don't think they've sold the former garage yet.. Does anyone know is it being used by anyone

 

First Canada still owns it, there have been some school buses there mainly, but not much activity there. The front area was empty when I drove by last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 11:48 PM, ns8401 said:

12 of them are already listed above:

6075, 6079, 6106, 6110, 6111, 6128, 6172, 6193, 6200, 6272, 6321 and 60578...

that leaves 38 of the 50 unaccounted for...

It looks like a pile of worn out DL’s... you’d think with all the new Prevosts (already into the 869xx’s) they wouldn’t need to bring more junk in to fill in the gap but there it is... nobody wants to drive those 20 year old buses vs. a brand new Prevost... hopefully they stay at the various training centers...

I like my 1994. But then again, it's my 1994, not a Greyhound 1994. Problem is, none of those buses listed have a wheelchair lift, so what the heck is GLI using them for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 11:48 PM, ns8401 said:

12 of them are already listed above:

6075, 6079, 6106, 6110, 6111, 6128, 6172, 6193, 6200, 6272, 6321 and 60578...

that leaves 38 of the 50 unaccounted for...

It looks like a pile of worn out DL’s... you’d think with all the new Prevosts (already into the 869xx’s) they wouldn’t need to bring more junk in to fill in the gap but there it is... nobody wants to drive those 20 year old buses vs. a brand new Prevost... hopefully they stay at the various training centers...

Damn 6272 was the bus I did my training on at Greyhound. One of the few Detroit/ ZF combos that reversed smoothly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Swadian said:

I like my 1994. But then again, it's my 1994, not a Greyhound 1994. Problem is, none of those buses listed have a wheelchair lift, so what the heck is GLI using them for?

Training and charters... both situations where lifts aren’t required but you can free up usable lift equipped buses that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2019 at 8:29 PM, ns8401 said:

Training and charters... both situations where lifts aren’t required but you can free up usable lift equipped buses that way.

No wonder Greyhound rookie drivers don't know how to use wheelchair lifts. I enjoy being "wheelchair dummy" for practice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the changes in the fleet, thought that I would compile a list of every coach that has been in service over the past two months based off of the online tracker:

X3-45: 0600, 0611, 0622, 0626, 0627, 0628, 0630, 0631, 0632, 0634, 0635, 0636, 0637, 0638, 0639, 0640, 0641, 0642, 0643, 0644, 0645, 0646, 0647, 0648, 0649, 0650, 0651, 0652, 0653, 0654, 8871, 8872, 8873, 8875, 8876, 8877, 8878, 8879, 8880, 8881, 8882, 8885, 8886, 8887, 8888

D4500: 1140, 1141, 1142, 1143, 1156, 1161, 1168, 1169, 1179, 1180, 1317, 1318, 1322

D4505: 1263, 1265, 1267, 1268, 1269, 1270, 1271, 1272, 1274, 1276, 1278, 1281, 1283, 1284, 1285, 1286, 1289, 1291, 1292, 1296, 1298, 1299, 1300, 1301, 1302, 1327, 1328, 1329, 1330, 1331, 1332, 1333

102-DL3: 6000, 6001, 6003, 6006, 6015, 6021, 6038, 6058, 6061, 6063, 6068, 6073, 6082, 6093, 6119, 6130, 6132, 6137, 6138, 6145, 6151, 6169, 6177, 6187, 6189, 6192, 6206, 6207, 6215, 6219, 6228, 6240, 6262, 6278, 6281, 6293, 6341, 6369, 6371, 51152, 60654

This leads to a total of 131 buses active. I think the estimate before was that there was to be around 120 buses left in the reduced Greyhound Canada fleet, so I would imagine most of the buses not listed above are likely gone by now (besides for the fact they would have been out of service for at least 2+ months).

There are 38 coaches that last appeared in January or February 2019, and are likely candidates for ones sent to the US as training coaches: 6016, 6046, 6067, 6072, 6075, 6079, 6100, 6106, 6108, 6110, 6111, 6124, 6128, 6131, 6146, 6166, 6168, 6172, 6173, 6175, 6193, 6200, 6205, 6236, 6238, 6245, 6264, 6267, 6272, 6288, 6321, 6329, 6332, 6337, 6355, 6363, 6368, 60558

Note that the units with a strikethrough have already been confirmed above as transferred, which leaves 26 candidate coaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Articulated thank you for the giant fleet update. I did see a former Greyhound near Orangeville in the old Sightseeing wrap. I am unsure of the number, but I do believe it was 1319 parked at a truck yard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...