BCT-3122-D800-10240

Greyhound Spottings & Photos

Sherman Oaks Apparently the 2nd Calgary to Toronto run is just a seasonal cancellation and is supposed to be re instated in Summer when heaviest traffic is for 2 schedules.

Either an X3-45 unit has made it out west or it's a unit from down south. Spotted at Pacific Central Station Vancouver BC around 12:30 this afternoon. It's in the middle of the shot:

21360490384_5629e7b1c8_z.jpgHound X3-1 by Dannny29, on Flickr

WOW!!! Look what turned up at Pacific Central Station in Vancouver. 86060 was loading up the 10:30 departure to Seattle today.

DSCN0632.JPG

DSCN0633.JPG

DSCN0634.JPG

I believe theirs been some spotted doin the TCH service out of Winnipeg east too as their are I believe 20 they installed hitches on

It's a busy weekend for Greyhound. I was put on a Badder bus for the 4:00 London-Toronto express on Thursday, along with Greyhound 6369 and 60654(?) waiting in the terminal. Then saw a convoy of 4 more Badder buses at the Highbury 401 exit heading to the London terminal.

I also saw on social media that the 3 Friday departures from Western University never showed up. People were waiting until about 7:30PM until a bus actually showed up.

6228 arriving in Brandon, Manitoba ...

attachicon.gifGreyhound Canada 6228-a.jpg

Thanks roeco! That's encouraging because intercity public transporation options are gettiong very thin here in the 'Peg.

On another note, Brandon Bus Lines has begun operating a scheduled service between Brandon & Winnipeg. The service operates Monday to Friday, with the bus leaving Brandon (Greyhound Depot) at 07:00 and arriving in Winnipeg (Greyhound Depot) at 09:45. The return trip leaves Winnipeg at 15:30 and arrives Brandon at 18:15. (Brandon Bus Lines is the contract operator of the Greyhound Depot in Brandon and is also a freight contractor for GC's GPX in western Manitoba.)

6228 arriving in Brandon, Manitoba ...

Greyhound Canada 6228-a.jpg

Sherman Oaks Apparently the 2nd Calgary to Toronto run is just a seasonal cancellation and is supposed to be re instated in Summer when heaviest traffic is for 2 schedules.

Thanks roeco! That's encouraging because intercity public transporation options are getting a little thin here in the 'Peg.

On another note, Brandon Bus Lines has begun operating a scheduled service between Brandon & Winnipeg. The service operates Monday to Friday, with the bus leaving Brandon (Greyhound Depot) at 07:00 and arriving in Winnipeg (Greyhound Depot) at 09:45. The return trip leaves Winnipeg at 15:30 and arrives Brandon at 18:15. (Brandon Bus Lines is the contract operator of the Greyhound Depot in Brandon and is also a freight contractor for GC's GPX in western Manitoba.)

Newspaper Advertisment.jpg

This one( Prevost X3-45 86060) is definitely a GLI coach. And she's been stuck in the Vancouver-Seattle circuit for the last week at least.

I've been informed 86069 is now based out of LA and plated for BC for LA-Vancouver service. Incidentally I rode this same one back in 2013 on the Toronto - Chicago route. Perhaps GLC is getting assigned some of the 860XX group? Yay, more "new" coaches for Canada! :P

1079 got into an accident around thanksgiving weekend and has been retired.

1306 is at the Ottawa garage and has also been retired. Most of the H3-45's are in the Ottawa Garage on Bantree street with the license plates removed.

The infamous 1334 (ex:1170) has also been scrapped.

86081 turned up in Vancouver on Wednesday. This is the second GLI Prevost X3-45 that I've seen in Vancouver. I wonder how many more will turn up. I also wonder about the newer model of D4505's that are running around in the US.

I wonder if the rest of the Eastern based 4505's with Az trannys will find their way permanently out West

I think someone said these buses do really well in the cold and will stay in cold climate areas.

The 4505's Do Very well in cold climates that's why theirs a good portion of them plated for the Yukon, And many of them run Yellowhead to Winnipeg and Edm-Fort Mac plus Edmonton-Dawson Creek-Ft Nelson to Whitehorse and DC-PG.