Greyhound Spottings & Photos

• 2 weeks later...

Did Greyhound Toronto aquire more USED Prevost XLII's?

I was watching the news report on the Calgary Bus incident on CTV, and they were interviewing people at toronto bus terminal.

There were Clear shots of people boarding a bus which was painted blue and silver (Orleans Express I would assume) and had a Greyhound Maple Leaf logo beside the front door.

Just UNDER that logo there was the Prevost XLII Badge..... I was like HUH?!?!

EDIT:

link to video.....

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/latest/horrific-ride/

Click on:

CTV National News: John Vennavally-Rao on bus safety in Canada

orleans5306.jpg

Edited by OriOn VII 7551

A few pics from my July 10/11 trip to Vancouver

921 and 927 looking like future beer cans, 1205 looks ready to roll

greyhound_scrap.JPG

a bad order 946 parked beside 6645

ghcvancover.JPG

1000 southbound on Richards at Dunsmuir (just saw her on the 6th at the Edmonton garage)

GLC1000c.JPG

1070 getting ready to roll out (w/1170 parked next door) and away she goes to the depot

glc1070c.JPG

glc1070bc.JPG

and here's an old Grey Goose sweep for you. No fleet, but still looks ready to roll

GLCsweepc.JPG

Best I could get of Greyhound USA 7214 (Texas Plates?)

ghusa7214bc.JPG

The one with out the fleet number posted is 303. She came to us from Grayline of Victoria with the change over of Island Coachlines to Greyhound. YOu will usually find her like you would've yesterday morning on Vancouver-Nanaimo runs.

1170. Ugh. I would prefer not to ride on that bus. What occured on that bus was way to freaky. Anyway, of interest this morning I noticed 1180 pulling into the depot in WPG with the new paint scheme like on 1170. I'm really starting to like that scheme. Also of note in all the nice pictures above is the swoosh. Has anyone made a quality decal of that for the Corgi bus modellers?

• Board Admin

I wonder if they did 1170-1180 all in the newer scheme?

Also, I like Mike's shot of 1070 - I have a picture of it all-white in Calgary, but it's probably one of the few that got the red/blue lines along the top! Looks like the fleet numbers got hurt along the way though:

glc1070.jpg

Seems like Toronto gets this bus now.

Looks like 1070 could use a swoosh decal too. <_<

That looks a lot like that plain white but with GREYHOUND name bus I reported here earlier in the summer, less the name. Is this a 102DL3? It looks a bit short but could just be the photo angle.

Well then, how about another of 1070's backside entering the Vancouver depot yards

glc1070cc.JPG

and yes, she is Toronto based, notice the little "TOR" beside the left fleet number in the head on shot I have blown up

glc1070dcca.JPG

She WAS Toronto based... I believe it's in Vancouvers fleet now, but guessin nobody bothers to change the allocation sticker... Mind you, we're so busy with trying to keep the units on the road that the allocation sticker is the least of our worries...

Hey mck, anything you can do to keep 1170 OFF the road? hehe

I'm a bad with a torch.. There MIGHT be a welding accident.. lol My understanding is they'll probably hold it for who knows how long so they can search for evidence etc, and then I'd imagine the interior would have to be redone, or at least have a REAL good deep cleaning... As long as it stays away from Edmonton for awhile I'm somewhat happy..

I know lots of the coach cleaners here are creeped out about the whole situation. Apparently there was some jackass that had a bunch of manequin (spelling??) heads in a garbage bag that tried to get on a bus not long after the incident, and needless to say "security" kicked him off...

But personally, they should just retire 1170.. Thankfully I took that day off as I got back from BC earlier that day..

Never been a problem, they must all think I'm crazy, and thus avoid me

My panning is getting better (she's a little out at the rear), got a great panned one of a EPS motorcycle cop on 121st during the Indy

That sign was changing colour I swear it, I did nothing but shoot, must be a new sign I guess, but 1225 sure has a impressive look to her

Naw, the sign's just plain hooped.. Might be 1225 but I know for sure there's a G running around and the sign keeps cycling on and off and won't display anything...

Two shots of Greyhound Canada Prevost XLII #1294 in Niagara Falls on May 4, 2008. Does anyone know exactly which numbers are actually Prevost XLII's? What number series? I only know of #'s 1293 & 1294 so far. Thanks!

ghc1294.jpg

ghc1294r.jpg

finally got to see 1294 yesterday at the greyhound depot here in chatham.....sweet

I admit that I know almost nothing about Greyhound.

I was in Guelph on August 1st and photographed L6118.

I cannot find any buses in this series on the Greyhound Roster page of the CPTDB Wiki site.

No front plate suggests an Alberta registered bus.

Can anyone/everyone identify it for me.

6118_greyhound_08_01_08_mt.jpg

Wow Mike, what a great selection of photos. Love 'em. Thanks so much for posting them!

And 21, that's a cool action shot of L6118 turning the corner. I love those types of shots but they are often hard to get in urban environments when you have people and poles in the way + people staring at you and making a fuss about your photography. Your shot is a very good one as it has that cool angle as the bus is actually turning. Isn't that a US bus?

Wow Mike, what a great selection of photos. Love 'em. Thanks so much for posting them!

And 21, that's a cool action shot of L6118 turning the corner. I love those types of shots but they are often hard to get in urban environments when you have people and poles in the way + people staring at you and making a fuss about your photography. Your shot is a very good one as it has that cool angle as the bus is actually turning. Isn't that a US bus?

I've done a bit more digging and it is Greyhound Quicklink service 5828 11:15 from Kitchener to Toronto via Guelph.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/TORONTO/greyhound.html lists it as an MCI 102DL3 leased from Greyhound in Arizona in August 2002.

Thanks for the kind words about the photos. Cropping can often save a shot as with Guelph 114.

114_orig.jpg

114_guelph_08_01_08_mt.jpg

I confirmed via http://www.cleanairbus.info/rosters/greyhoundroster.html that L6118 was one of the leased 1998 102DL3 buses.

Now could this be an ex-Greyhound? Niagara Adventure has retained the 1400 series numbers on their ex-GO Transit 2-axle MCI buses.

Based upon the fleet number only, no. Greyhound #910 is an MC-9 Special.

• Board Admin

Could be ex-Greyhound I guess, but Greyhound 910 was a MC-9 Special. :lol:

As for L6118, those only run down east on the QuickLink commuter service. It is leased from Greyhound USA, as it has more of an American scheme on it. I'm not sure if it has an Alberta plate or not, but we only require plates on the rear.