Greyhound Spottings & Photos

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2019 at 4:24 PM, A. Wong said:

Nice to see some G4500s still in operation - they used to be quite common in the Canadian west.

Still a fair amount of them in the USA and they seem to be common East and Midwest

On 12/15/2019 at 10:20 PM, Shaun said:

All US buses must have a lift. Effective a few years ago. 

Only for line run. Greyhound in the USA still has a non lift fleet for training and charters.

Greyhound has started wrapping a new group of buses for Gray Line Sightseeing service. So far I have spotted 1273 and 6226. It wouldn't surprise me if a few of the other all-white D4505s have also been wrapped, or will soon be (1287 comes to mind).

6226 is most interesting, as this coach has been used exclusively as an election charter bus since it was transferred from the US back in 2012. With the wrap, it is now being used in regular service.

I am not sure if this means the previous generation of buses (1298, 1299, 1302) have been retired, as I have not seen or photographed them since early last year.

49260346887_d8a03f8130.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 7:14 PM, Articulated said:

Greyhound has started wrapping a new group of buses for Gray Line Sightseeing service. So far I have spotted 1273 and 6226. It wouldn't surprise me if a few of the other all-white D4505s have also been wrapped, or will soon be (1287 comes to mind).

6226 is most interesting, as this coach has been used exclusively as an election charter bus since it was transferred from the US back in 2012. With the wrap, it is now being used in regular service.

I am not sure if this means the previous generation of buses (1298, 1299, 1302) have been retired, as I have not seen or photographed them since early last year.

49260346887_d8a03f8130.jpg

6226 still has a VIP section at the rear, it also still has the bathroom and kitchen area with a microwave and fridge in the middle. They added extra seats at the front. Strictly only used for Gray line if they have less then 20 passengers and for private charters.

The D4505's are still active but they're now heavily used on regular schedules.

Even the Driver training buses are now used on regular schedules as a last resort if equipment is depleted. Greyhound has taken a smarter step to keep every dog running and collecting revenue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, curlingteam333 said:

As of February 23, 2020, prevost x3-45 0629 is the only bus that still have white livery. Took this bus recently from Toronto to Sudbury. 

The list shows 0629 as white and also 0631 unless that was done up recently.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/29/2019 at 8:49 PM, dev161 said:

Its still quite profitable for Greyhound to charter buses for overloads, after the cost of chartering a bus , greyhound still makes about 5000$ Profit 

Don't mean to resurrect old posts, but incorrect info needs to be corrected.

Greyhound, at best, breaks even when they have to charter to over an extra section. I suspect they actually lose money on many of these.

No one is making $5000 of profit on a days work in any sector of the motorcoach business.

With many places in Ontario up to stage 2 and stage 3 I am wondering if Greyhound is going to be going back to starting service anytime soon. From what I have seen is some service from private operators are starting back up AKA Kasper Transportation.

2 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

With many places in Ontario up to stage 2 and stage 3 I am wondering if Greyhound is going to be going back to starting service anytime soon. From what I have seen is some service from private operators are starting back up AKA Kasper Transportation.

As posted in the other thread, I have observed at the Lakeshore Garage, buses being fixed as much as they can and there is always 1 bus getting a VIP clean and disinfecting. It seems like they will resume operations but some have said it could be the buses maybe prepped to be sold. I dunno, nothing has made news since last month, so we'll just have to wait and see. On the other hand rideshares  on Facebook and Kijiji are on full steam for Toronto - Ottawa and Toronto - London.

21 hours ago, northwesterner said:

Don't mean to resurrect old posts, but incorrect info needs to be corrected.

Greyhound, at best, breaks even when they have to charter to over an extra section. I suspect they actually lose money on many of these.

No one is making $5000 of profit on a days work in any sector of the motorcoach business.

Im going based on what my company is charging Greyhound (2500$) to charter our buses to run overloads for them , and the fare being around 150$ for the trip we run for them. 

$150 x 57 Seats = $8550 

$8500 - $2500 = $6050

(I said $5000 because buying your ticket earlier may bring down the cost of the ticket) 

3 hours ago, dev161 said:

Im going based on what my company is charging Greyhound (2500$) to charter our buses to run overloads for them , and the fare being around 150$ for the trip we run for them. 

$150 x 57 Seats = $8550 

$8500 - $2500 = $6050

(I said $5000 because buying your ticket earlier may bring down the cost of the ticket) 

$150 per seat?

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

$150 per seat?

I was shocked too. When I was cleaning up my bus between trips I picked up a ticket on a seat with the receipt attached to it, I wish I took a pic, but from what I remember the total after taxes was around $157. 

49 minutes ago, dev161 said:

I was shocked too. When I was cleaning up my bus between trips I picked up a ticket on a seat with the receipt attached to it, I wish I took a pic, but from what I remember the total after taxes was around $157. 

In some cases it would be cheaper to fly, or VIA bus class. Unless it was all sold out.

I guess that's the price if you buy it at the counter 20min before the bus leaves. 

• 2 weeks later...

I went by the Lakeshore Garage and noticed all the buses are pretty much fixed up, cleaned up and ready to go. All garage doors are closed so I am assuming they're done with fixing and cleaning the buses. It appears the cannibalized units are all gone as most of the X3s are nosed out in its place. The yard actually looks really neat with the buses all parked nosed out around the perimeter.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2020 at 8:19 PM, Shaun said:

There was a greyhound Prevost going south in the DVP today. It had Ontario plates and the fleet number started with 6. 

Could be an equipment transfer or a test run. 

I saw 644 in Ottawa driving on the highway a few days back