Greyhound Spottings & Photos

5 hours ago, Oc4526 said:

If memory serves me, Greyhound had a office somewhere in Burlington Ont. 

They moved their operations to 610 Bay Street in Toronto well over a year ago. They also no longer have a physical office in Calgary. That means they could no longer get away with using Alberta plates.

On 3/15/2019 at 10:36 PM, Swadian said:

Which 45 buses were pulled at CHD?

Woah sorry I missed this, I'm not sure. I'll have to inquire on a couple Facebook groups for more info

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2019 at 12:14 AM, INowKnowwhY said:

They moved their operations to 610 Bay Street in Toronto well over a year ago. They also no longer have a physical office in Calgary. That means they could no longer get away with using Alberta plates.

Woah sorry I missed this, I'm not sure. I'll have to inquire on a couple Facebook groups for more info

Their legals have been changed on the side of some of the buses. I think to Toronto but I’ll get a picture the next time I see one with the new information. The one I saw was 1188 or something last week on a Detroit-Toronto run.

3 hours ago, ns8401 said:

Their legals have been changed on the side of some of the buses. I think to Toronto but I’ll get a picture the next time I see one with the new information. The one I saw was 1188 or something last week on a Detroit-Toronto run.

Yup, I saw 1179 with revised legals saying Toronto, ON.

Since Greyhound is no longer operating in Alberta, they are in the process of replating buses to Ontario license plates. Although not every Ontario-plated bus has had its legals revised.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, INowKnowwhY said:

86967 sitting at the Toronto Garage. Got very excited and then I realized it wasn't an H3. It still looks badass.

20190928_064430.jpg

20190928_064557.jpg

Very nice, I’m looking forward to driving these when I get the chance next year. I’m hoping the interior has had some refinements to go with the new front, is the back any different?

• Board Admin
15 hours ago, ns8401 said:

Very nice, I’m looking forward to driving these when I get the chance next year. I’m hoping the interior has had some refinements to go with the new front, is the back any different?

Yes the rear has had some styling modifications as well. Mostly around the edges - you can tell most prominently by the clearance lights.

19 hours ago, INowKnowwhY said:

86967 sitting at the Toronto Garage. Got very excited and then I realized it wasn't an H3. It still looks badass.

20190928_064430.jpg

20190928_064557.jpg

Nice catch! One of the few new X3-45s out there at the moment I think!

• 4 weeks later...

Forgot to post this yesterday with everything else going on, but Greyhound Lines 7060 came up to Toronto yesterday. It departed on schedule 285, the 2:45 departure to New York City. Not terribly often that a G4500 comes north of the border, and my first time personally shooting one of the American units.

48965121941_e2581c7350.jpg

Canadian units 0600, 0625, 0636, 1140, 1161, 1272, 1284, 1292, 6000, and 6189 were also around the terminal around the 2:00-3:00 hour. US unit 86762 also arrived, presumably on schedule 5508 from Detroit.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw former Americanos USA 102DL3 60529 in Detroit today. Blank white sides and the americanos logo on the back. It looks pretty shabby these days. Wiki says it’s a 1998... since it’s not a refurbished bus does anybody know if it has a lift? I forgot to look when I was dwelling before heading home for the night. 

On 12/14/2019 at 3:09 AM, ns8401 said:

Saw former Americanos USA 102DL3 60529 in Detroit today. Blank white sides and the americanos logo on the back. It looks pretty shabby these days. Wiki says it’s a 1998... since it’s not a refurbished bus does anybody know if it has a lift? I forgot to look when I was dwelling before heading home for the night. 

All US buses must have a lift. Effective a few years ago. 

11 hours ago, Shaun said:

All US buses must have a lift. Effective a few years ago. 

Yes I know, since 2012. That hasn’t exactly stopped them from running equipment without them or not In working order... getting fined seems to be a cost of doing business for them for better or worse.  Next time I see one of those I will be sure to see if it has a pocket door on the center baggage bin.

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

Are they short equipment, even after consolidating western Canada's equipment?

After the Western Canadian operations closed, they consolidated their equipment and sold off whatever wasn't needed. There's no use in storing (and maintaining) extra buses that you're only going to use one or two days a year. Using another company's equipment also allows them to use the driver that comes with it.

That being said, overloads using chartered equipment is significantly more rare nowadays than it was a few years ago, due to a combination of fewer scheduled runs and more available equipment. I think we determined Greyhound would need about 120 coaches for their downsized Ontario/Quebec operations, and they have somewhere closer to 130 active now.

19 hours ago, Articulated said:

After the Western Canadian operations closed, they consolidated their equipment and sold off whatever wasn't needed. There's no use in storing (and maintaining) extra buses that you're only going to use one or two days a year. Using another company's equipment also allows them to use the driver that comes with it.

That being said, overloads using chartered equipment is significantly more rare nowadays than it was a few years ago, due to a combination of fewer scheduled runs and more available equipment. I think we determined Greyhound would need about 120 coaches for their downsized Ontario/Quebec operations, and they have somewhere closer to 130 active now.

For chartered operations, aren't they accompanied by a greyhound driver?

5 hours ago, Shaun said:

For chartered operations, aren't they accompanied by a greyhound driver?

If the reason is lack of a bus then yes... if it’s lack of a driver on the other hand... I’m not greyhound but the experience is probably similar... the bus I was supposed to receive blew an airbag in the front so we chartered a local company to run the run but I had to sit in front, give directions and take tickets. I just wasn’t allowed to drive their bus.